Sign in to follow this  
bsituser27

Pre-renewal PVP Balancing game play

I was thinking to change the game a bit like changing those holy,dark,ghost etc is for PVE purpose and Fire,Water,Wind,Earth for PVP. and removing 4 slot and make it 1 slot for all and rechange the cards adjust the value etc

i need more idea. for fair pvp and pve etc

im thinking midrate 99/70

I was thinking to change the game a bit like changing those holy,dark,ghost etc is for PVE purpose and Fire,Water,Wind,Earth for PVP. and removing 4 slot and make it 1 slot for all and rechange the cards adjust the value etc

If you're going to have Third Jobs, I suggest separating PvP between Third Jobs and Trans since Thirds have more power over Trans. 

It's really up to you, I don't think Hercules should put a hand on that, at least not right now. I managed to balance (High Rate 3k/3k | 255/80 though) PvP for certain 3rd classes (I went on releasing 3rds 1 by 1, when I thought they were balanced, of course every new release had new mods for the ones that were already mod, but less work) with 2nds, instead of separating them, meaning, 2nd can give a good fight to 3rd, putting 3rds as different classes and forcing the user to have skill for this, just take a look into the formulas, and skill behaviors I modded lot of stuff, that was like a year & a half ago, I'm pretty unactive right now.

If you ever played a server back then, 2004~2007 (or any? though recent servers when 3rd came out and that are using Pre-Renewal are pretty unbalanced), where you think PvP was pretty fair, you should base on that and mod 3rd classes to behave similar.

If you're reffering to general gameplay of pre-renewal exclusive content I'd say its entirely up to you to figure it out on the run. 

In general for a non pvp server, pre-renewal is not that imbalanced, however with different amount of customization (aka: headgears, buff NPCs, etc) thing tend to lean more over one side than the other. 

But at the end of the day, it depends on your players and their skills to play in the different environments provided by your server's additions and based on a good feedback from your players. I doubt there is a magical formula or a pre-set definition of what to change in order to balance out the (meta)game.