Sign in to follow this  
grobyczen

Project Bare Bones Hercules Ep1. Disabling every NPC server-wide.

Question

Hi everyone,

I have a little project in hands, a LAN server to play with a few friends. But I want to change the RO experience and make it more like a traditional RPG, with less of the "MMO" experience. I have basic scripting and spritting skills, a mean storytelling vein, and working knowledge of item customization server and client side, enough to build a nice experience for me and my friends.

However I'm no expert in the Hercules platform, but I recognize it's potential as a canvas for great gaming experiences. That's why I'm gonna be asking this great community for guidance.

My first questions are:

1. SERVER SIDE: ¿How can I disable every NPC (kafras, stores, quest givers, etc...) from the server?

2. SERVER SIDE: ¿How can I disable every monster spawn from the server?

3. SERVER SIDE: ¿How can I disable every map except prontera?

As you can imagine, what I want is to start building the game story from zero. My first step is for the server to just load an empty prontera map.

That would be all for now. Thanks in advance for your time.

Edited by grobyczen

2 answers to this question

Hercules\npc\

scripts.conf

scripts_custom.conf

scripts_dev.conf

scripts_jobs.conf

scripts_mapflags.conf

scripts_monsters.conf

scripts_warps.conf

scripts_woe.conf

If you emulator is Pre-RE or RE:

Hercules\npc\pre-re\ or Hercules\npc\re\ 

scripts.conf

scripts_jobs.conf

scripts_main.conf

scripts_monsters.conf 

scripts_warps.conf

Green: this .conf contain the path of all monster spawn script.

Orange: this .conf contain the path of all main NPC of RO, while that scripts_job.conf contain NPC Quest Change Job.

EDIT: If you want disable scripts put // before path of file, EG: //npc: npc/cities/prontera.txt

Edited by Easycore

If you want just prontera... I suggest you make your starting point in prontera then and remove all the warps. Also, theres no way to load just prontera as a map unless you remove every single map from your map_cache. I think it would be better not to and just remove all warps associated with the maps and remove access to @go and @warp. Though, keep in mind if you remove the warps, keep the warps for the inns, buildings, etc. only if you want to.