Sign in to follow this  
jaBote

Client feature tracking

Question

I think this one request could be a nice idea. I've already been for which features a particular client has and/or for reccomendations for choosing a client in the Spanish Section and I think I can extrapolate this to the rest of the people, which are just unsure what client version sits their needs best.

Sadly, I'm not very good on the client side, so I usually end up reccomending 2012-04-18 (2012-04-10 if they don't like having to manage all items on LUA files) client when I'm asked for a particular client date and that mostly I don't know what's up on a client from a particular date.

What do you think about tracking client features? This way we can easily refer to this (or whatever topic this feature tracker is made) and speed up support on clients.

I mean, we start on a given ragexeRE date (maybe starting from 2011-08-17 ragexeRE clients onwards since this is the first client to support packet encription on Hercules?) listing its main capacities (text/LUA item database tables, mail system, etcetera) then noticing only the changes from previous clients and maybe individually noting the Hercules packet encription compatibility and/or if it's already supported by the emulator. And we'd also have another sort of a "timeline" for ragexe clients.

For example:

2011-08-17 ragexeRE: (1st entry)

• Client's item database: text
  • Already has Mail System feature
  • Already has Pincode System
  • Already has (...)
  • None of ragexeRE clients have cashshop support
  • This client is SUPPORTED by Hercules emulator and Hercules packet encryption
  • etc

(... As I said I don't know most of clients, and the clients I know, I don't know most of its features ...)

2012-04-18 ragexeRE

• From now on item clientside databases are stored as LUA files.
  • blahblahblah
  • This client is SUPPORTED by Hercules emulator and its packet encryption

And quite the same for ragexe clients. I don't know if I have explained myself well.

I hope someone with client knowledge could make this so that we could orient a bit better.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Bumping this.

I know this is a lot of effort but maybe I can lend a hand whenever my exams are finished around July 10th.