SuoChan

Questions

Question

Previous Topic Title: Closed Connections from ---

127.0.0.1 according to login-server cmd. I've get rejected from the server if I attempt to login as admin.

(if I post this in the wrong section, which shouldn't, please do feel free to move this to the correct place! Don't close this, as I know there has been plenty answered!)

tl;dr beware!

If any screenshot is needed, I'll add it when I return from work. I've spent hours trying to fix this simple problem.

After all the nightmare getting through with mysql keeps disconnecting me off from the server, I am now stuck with this. Now! Before you complain saying "There's a search bar for a reason", these sources I've found were years ago and is not close to today's date. So unless I'm missing on something else, the source are listed below. Please be caring and respect my levels, as I am not that proficient!

With that said, I've used my ip based from whatsmyip.com added into both map-server and chara-server on all char_ip, login_ip and map_ip. I have no idea how to edit or am I seeing clientinfo.xml any difference configuring inside the data.grf using the GRF editor, it's leading me nowhere regardless have I changed it based from link #2.. I've already portforward through my router and firewall adding tcp/upd (6900, 5121, 6121) . It didn't do anything either. If I am missing any step, please do address it! I would love to work through each tips until I am able to solve it. And no, I've received no error from the three cmd.exe but the login-server telling me the connections is closed.

I've read that most problems is from mmo based from your ragexe. I'm using ragexe extracted from today's kro client 04-16-2016 date in my mmo. I've tried older ragexe, changing countless of times in the mmo files and it still lead to the same problem. Am I supposed to change every 20141022, or just one of it from the very top?

#ifndef PACKETVER
    #define PACKETVER 20141022
#endif // PACKETVER

What about this one? One of the source said to change it adding a . in front of the //#define, which causes syntax errors if I were to re-compile it (i.e reinstall mysql bench, etc)

//Uncomment the following line if your client is ragexeRE instead of ragexe (required because of conflicting packets in ragexe vs ragexeRE).
//#define ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE
#ifdef ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE
    #define PACKETVER_RE
    #undef ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE
#endif // DISABLE_PACKETVER_RE

This is the link I've followed creating my server: http://herc.ws/board/topic/968-guide-how-to-setup-hercules/ 

These are the sources I'm reading to guide me through:

http://herc.ws/board/topic/3083-closed-connection-from-ip-address/ < -- about server cloed

http://herc.ws/wiki/Clientinfo < -- information about editing clientinfo

http://herc.ws/board/topic/38-latest-kro-installation-small-client-package/ < --- download the old ragexe

http://herc.ws/board/topic/2164-how-to-connect-to-my-own-ro-server-super-old-newbie/ - Rejected from Server

I'm sorry if I'm missing more details, I'm already tired working where I need to go. Thank you for any responses and I'll be watching out for helpful suggestions!

Date SOLVED: 5/16 in #post 3

Solution: Change in mmo to date 20120418, compile and then connect

Read Post #4 of my current situation

Edited by SuoChan

3 answers to this question

Provide screenshot of map,char,login serber after been rejected, so we can guess the solution by exact error message and it's preceding messages.

Just make sure, that you make new account for admin(should not have account_Id 1), thats reserved for server.

33ubxfq.jpg

Censoring my ip and the admin login (reason for future possibilities), accessing through another account with its latest errors shown in the cmd.exe after the server failed to connect. 

Also, exclude the login-server when it asked about configure the network.conf, I've already did that.

There is no absolute type of WARNING or error log according using the cmd. It must be something of a document I might be doing wrong.

*Update*

So following this guide: http://herc.ws/board/topic/2818-cannot-login-to-character-select-but-no-errors/

I decided to just use the suggested ragexe number in my mmo:  20120716

I finally got that part out of the way. I'll post more by bumping (excuse me in advance).

Sorry for the bump, but after able to login the server using the ragexe id: 20120716, I am still seeing:

Closed connection from 127.0.0.1

Is it possible I'm actually having an issue from having any possible friends (lan most likely) from joining? I still see no errors from the cmd once logged into the server.

Edited by SuoChan

*Update again*

I'm running my server with a friend of mine very well. Only problem is that inside the clientinfo.xml keeps changing ip origninally back to 127.0.0.1, which I don't understand why. I just need to re-edit the clientinfo.xml and replace the .grf for it to work via connection.

So after these few hours of working (with great number of hours sleeping), I am still a bit furious about diff a latest ragexe client. I'm using NEMO on a 20150513, but upon entering the server failed to connect. I have no idea how to force my RO to the latest update. New items will cease to crash or become unknown sprite. Updating the rsu-kro-rag-lite and rsu-kro-renewal-lite still seem to crash me horrendously.