Sign in to follow this  
Valiente

Closed connection from 'ip address'

Question

Sorry for the three consecutive topics. I was able to set up my server on a VM and my not so perfect client (2013-08-14aRagexe) just now after continious research but there are still problems that keeps me from finishing my server set-up.

I was able to login using Loki Launcher but upon pressing enter on server selection I get failed to connect to the server. These are the the screenshot: 

First of I get this weird error after logging in with Loki Launcher

1_zpsd1d00781.png

And this signifies that I have succesfully logged in

4_zps610b485a.png

But after pressing enter this is what I get:

5_zps5d33d231.png

Screenshot for server side:

remember_zps068ff0de.png

And these are my diff settings:

diff1.png

diff2.png

By looking at my screenshots, I think it's also clear that I am getting these weird korean text instead of English. Any help will b very much appreciated!

21 answers to this question

What are your map server and  server IP on conf/map_server.conf  conf/char_server.conf? They should point to your VM IP,  not be commented or point to 127.0.0.1

in your Diff, also check Read questid2display.txt

Did you set your mmo.h 

#ifndef PACKETVER	#define PACKETVER 20130814#endif// Comment the following line if your client is NOT ragexeRE (required because of conflicting packets in ragexe vs ragexeRE).//#define PACKETVER_RE

then recompile?

remember to disable #define PACKETVER_RE since you are using ragexe. See example above.

Edited by sevenzz23

Closed connection from <ip address> message is normal in login server (since the connection is only needed during the initial process once you connect to char server , login server disconnects).

check your character server / map server when the failed to connect message appears. Usually when this happens it is  caused due to packet issues .. if that is the case try switching on/off disable packet encryption.

What are your map server and server IP on conf/map_server.conf conf/char_server.conf? They should point to your VM IP, not be commented or point to 127.0.0.1

This one solved the problem (changed 127.0.0.1 to WAN/Public ip) but after character creation and chosing a character. I immediately get the "Disconnected from the server" message box and then logs me out to desktop after pressing enter.This is what I got on server (Not ticking Disable Packed Encryption)

map_zps31cd8821.png

I still have korean symbols on my buttons too.EDIT: Just to clarify things, I already did what sevenzz said

EDIT AGAIN: I followed what Neo said and this is what I got:

The first warning message is when I ticked Disable Packet Encryption

The second warning message is when I left it unticked

The third one is when I ticked it again in order to make sure

map_zpsb1001e52.png

Edited by Valiente

Use an older client. like 2013-08-07aRagexe.

Sorry, due to my buggy internet explorer.. it resulted to a double post. Damn.

@.@

Edited by quesoph

Alright man I'll try that and hey, IE 11 isn't that bad. It is currently the fastest out there. My VM uses the old version that is why it is messy.

Use an older client. like 2013-08-07aRagexe.

Sorry, due to my buggy internet explorer.. it resulted to a double post. Damn.

@.@

Yes it worked like a charm. The rememaining problem is my buttons are in Korean. I am using the data folder from this revision: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/client-side-translation/

How do I fix this?

Did you added all of the translation Stuff into a GRF?  or are u using it from the Data Folder ?

be sure to set the Diff Correct if u are using  GRF  = Remove Data Folder First .   if u are using Data Folder = Diff  Read Data Folder First.

and be sure to place all in the  Correct folder names 

YourRoFolderName/data

Edited by ossi0110

Since we are using the original kRO client, they come in Korean by default. They usually get added if we can rip their international counterparts and/or someone in the community translates and releases them.

Item name and description needs translation too

How do I fix this?

Diff your client Read iteminfo.lua before lub located at RO/System/ then check your iteminfo.lua if available :) if not, kindly pm me and I will share you mine..

I'm pretty sure this will solve your problem :meow:

Edited by sevenzz23

Yes it worked like a charm. The rememaining problem is my buttons are in Korean. I am using the data folder from this revision: https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/client-side-translation/

How do I fix this?

Did you added all of the translation Stuff into a GRF?  or are u using it from the Data Folder ?

be sure to set the Diff Correct if u are using  GRF  = Remove Data Folder First .   if u are using Data Folder = Diff  Read Data Folder First.

YourRoFolderName/data

I am using Read Data Folder First (Based on my diff settings screenshots above) since I am using Data folder and no GRFs at the moment since I'm still on the development stage and having a GRF compiled every time I make changes is too much of a hassle. 

How do I fix this?

Diff your client Read iteminfo.lua before lub located at RO/System/ then check your iteminfo.lua if available :) if not, kindly pm me and I will share you mine..

My xdiff doesn't have that option to be ticked. It's just not there. What should I do?

Since we are using the original kRO client, they come in Korean by default. They usually get added if we can rip their international counterparts and/or someone in the community translates and releases them.

So.. You mean there's no release for translated buttons atm?

How do I fix this?

YourRoFolderName/data

I am using Read Data Folder First (Based on my diff settings screenshots above) since I am using Data folder and no GRFs at the moment since I'm still on the development stage and having a GRF compiled every time I make changes is too much of a hassle. 

How do I fix this?

My xdiff doesn't have that option to be ticked. It's just not there. What should I do?

My mistake, it should be Load not Read

are you sure?

You said here that this is your settings.. and I saw that you didn't tick Load iteminfo.lua before lub.

diff2.png

How do I fix this?

YourRoFolderName/data

>

How do I fix this?

My mistake, it should be Load not Read

are you sure?

You said here that this is your settings.. and I saw that you didn't tick Load iteminfo.lua before lub.

diff2.png

Yeah man. That fixed the problem. The only problem now is the korean buttons. Do we have the translated resources for this?

^ hmm, try to change it by using your Option ingame, maybe your client uses default skin which is korean.

Login your account, then in game hit Esc>settings>skin><basic skin>

or download custom skins, search it on google :D

Fixed the Korean characters in buttons issue by replacing the name of the folder inside the textures folder which was in Korean with these symbols À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º.

Now I see. So my exe can't read actual Korean symbols I suppose.

The only remaining problem now is this:

koreanissues_zps4916f5e3.png

For some reason it is still in symbols. How do I fix this?

Edited by Valiente

you can change the name by doubelclick the Korean name and rename it

I see. So that puts it on savedata. I can just include that in my client files for players to download then. Nice!

I have another problem. Where can I find the Style tab for costumes? For some reason it isn't there.

screenRememberServer007_zpsbb5a9d1d.jpg

Also, my name looks weird when creating a guild or party

screenRememberServer008_zps20ec9671.jpg

Edited by Valiente