Sign in to follow this  
Blinzer

Extremely weird bug occurrence with "Hiding" skill granted by items

Question

An extremely weird bug has occurred where any item which grants the skill "Hiding" to a Swordsman Class(yes, only swordsman class specific) causes a huge problem with the skill tab. More specifically, once you use Hiding and then get revealed BY ANY MEANS(including using the skill yourself to undo it or letting it time out), all of your skills disappear in the tab and you can no longer see them again until you relog. I tried to track down the cause of this problem through skillinfolist, skilltreeview files and now i'm going to see if skilldescript could potentially be behind it(but I doubt it), but i really can't seem to find a logical reason. To top this off, on my computer this bug does NOT happen, and it has shown to manifest in multiple different ways on different computers. On a paladin's client the entire skill tree moves to the misc skill tab, whereas on a lord knight's client all the skills disappeared completely. They have the exact same files as I do, and the Paladin has confirmed to me that he's using Windows 10 just like me.

Edited by Blinzer

1 answer to this question

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

I have a small update on this situation. Apparently the lord knight whose tree disappears entirely can't use my same dbghelp.dll file, he had to download his own. We retested him using mine and it causes his client to fail. Images attached above.

I think to a certain extent this proves that his computer is reading the client differently than my own, which may explain why I cannot replicate this bug myself. What really intrigues me is why the bug only activates once you get uncloaked(aka lose an SC), unless it's an "update your character" thing and it was already broken the moment you used hide.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Blinzer