Sign in to follow this  
xienne15

Browedit with high jump? and also map sorrounding background..

Question

1) I used the not walkable gat tile but the thing is i can high jump into it placing me t a not-movable area of that tile which is not walkable. How can i make the gat like in other default maps that you cant high jump in any places except for the walkable gats?

Example:

Prontera building: I used High Jump and the skill will just make me jump on where i am standing

Custom map building(using the not walkable red tile): I used High jump and it will jump in the center of that building which is not walkable.

2) How can i make my map has a background of a sky? my map in-game at sides are black,how can i make it like blue sky?

Edited by xienne15

9 answers to this question

I am going to try to reproduce this and find a solution for you pertaining to the High Jump on a custom map. 

So I tested this on my custom made map and could not reproduce this issue you seem to be having, may I 

ask what version of browedit your using also which emulator / revision and also if you tried using lower levels of 

High Jump in case you happened to simply have a walkable cell within the 10 cell range. Also have you double 

checked that the cells are indeed  not walkable ?

As far as the second question about the creation of a sky map here is a great Video Guide that should help you out;

I would like to note that if you are using a newer client the Hexing method does not seem to work properly. However,

You can still simply overwrite any existing sky map, just rename your custom map to the name of the existing sky map

and remove the old map from your grf.

Edited by Uzieal

I am going to try to reproduce this and find a solution for you pertaining to the High Jump on a custom map. 

So I tested this on my custom made map and could not reproduce this issue you seem to be having, may I 

ask what version of browedit your using also which emulator / revision and also if you tried using lower levels of 

High Jump in case you happened to simply have a walkable cell within the 10 cell range. Also have you double 

checked that the cells are indeed  not walkable ?

As far as the second question about the creation of a sky map here is a great Video Guide that should help you out;

I would like to note that if you are using a newer client the Hexing method does not seem to work properly. However,

You can still simply overwrite any existing sky map, just rename your custom map to the name of the existing sky map

and remove the old map from your grf.

I am using BE r586

You did not answer all my questions, also if you would provide me with a Download to your custom map I could test it or even fix it for you and instruct you on how to do so in the future.

You did not answer all my questions, also if you would provide me with a Download to your custom map I could test it or even fix it for you and instruct you on how to do so in the future.

fixed it, i was newbie when i post this, i forgot to put it in mapcache making the gat maps being able to jump on using high jump. Thanks for this though~

@uzieal

sir can i ask? about the map that sorrounded with the black texture.. 

i also want to know on how to make a blue texture around the map i mean the sky.. ( i dont want to replace or rename any of existing map to my custom map since it is a custom map ) any methods how to execute a blue sorrounding in a custom map.. i tried the Sky map TuTs by Syouji in client 2012-04-10 .. and as what i expected it creates an exe. error issue..

Edited by leloush

Just

@uzieal

sir can i ask? about the map that sorrounded with the black texture.. 

i also want to know on how to make a blue texture around the map i mean the sky.. ( i dont want to replace or rename any of existing map to my custom map since it is a custom map ) any methods how to execute a blue sorrounding in a custom map.. i tried the Sky map TuTs by Syouji in client 2012-04-10 .. and as what i expected it creates an exe. error issue..

For the sky effect, just name your map as any name with 4 letters, open the rsw file with an hex editor, and find yuno.rsw -> replace with your custom map name.

You are not removing or replacing the original yuno, it would work just fine. The only thing will happen, is that yuno'll no longer have the sky effect.

For the sky effect, just name your map as any name with 4 letters, open the rsw file with an hex editor, and find yuno.rsw -> replace with your custom map name.

You are not removing or replacing the original yuno, it would work just fine. The only thing will happen, is that yuno'll no longer have the sky effect.

Indeed this does work, however as Olrox said replacing an existing sky map will remove the effect from the old map.

This is because the client is hard-coded to display this effect on certain maps. The method described by Syouji works on older clients but does not seem to work for clients after 2011+ What happens when you try to use that method of hex editing to add a new map instead of replacing an existing map on newer clients is once the hex edit is complete the .exe fails to build properly during diffing & patching the new client.

If I become aware of a method that will work with newer clients I will post back here with my findings. Does anyone else know how to add a custom sky effect to a newly added map for clients 2012+?

Indeed this does work, however as Olrox said replacing an existing sky map will remove the effect from the old map.

This is because the client is hard-coded to display this effect on certain maps. The method described by Syouji works on older clients but does not seem to work for clients after 2011+ What happens when you try to use that method of hex editing to add a new map instead of replacing an existing map on newer clients is once the hex edit is complete the .exe fails to build properly during diffing & patching the new client.

If I become aware of a method that will work with newer clients I will post back here with my findings. Does anyone else know how to add a custom sky effect to a newly added map for clients 2012+?

why not just ask Neo if he can add a diff for adding new maps on NEMO?

/me pokes Neo with the Diff Sword of Hex Strings* I need this too as most maps I would release with the intent of having sky map functionality.