Sign in to follow this  
Samuel

Mapflag via script

Question

Hi everyone! Just wanted to ask regarding the mapflags stated in the mapflag folder.

It seems that gm override options are not working anymore

For example, I made a nowarp mapflag for prontera;

prontera<tab>mapflag<tab>nowarp<tab>20

Even administrator account (gm level 99) can't warp in the said map unless I give the gm account any_warp permission.

Edit:

So how would we be able to make this work again, cause this option seems to be working in map_zone_db.conf

Edited by Samuel

1 answer to this question

As far as I know, no mapflags in db/re or pre-re/map_zone_db.conf allow a Group Level override. Only overrides possible there are in the disabled_commands section of a map zone.

Mapflags set are absolute since they don't usually accept another extra argument than off, which disables it (the exceptions are further configuration parameters for special mapflags like bexp, jexp, pvp_nightmaredrop and so). Then the nowarp mapflag, when set, doesn't allow group levels overrides just as expected, so I see no problem there.

After a quick glance in src/map/npc.c @ npc_parse_mapflag function, the only mapflag which allows GM override level is nocommand.

If you would like to bypass nowarp and nowarpto restrictions then you should proceed as always: giving the any_warp permission.

Hope I helped.