Sign in to follow this  
N e s s

skill tree new skills

Question

im using ragexe 2012 07 16. how to align the new skills in skill tree? if there is no solution for this. how to remove it from the skill tree? :) thanks in advance :)

13 answers to this question

It wouldn't work too well and lead to regrets later. Animations for example wont work. Plus once you do upgrade to a 2013 client youll realize you screwed yourself because players will have learned those skills with custom ID's when you want them to be on the official ID's after the update for proper animation and handling behavior. Best advice is update to a 2013 client or don't add the skills at all. Its not worth half-assing or shoehorning something in.

As for the people wanting the skills to not appear in the 2012 client to prevent skill icon overlapping, you must edit your skilltreeview file in your clients data/luafiles514/lua files/skillinfoz/ folder by removing the unwanted skills.

yah its not aligned

How to align them? o_O. Isn't aligning automatically done by the client itself? (Within the skill tree, alt+s?)

ya its not aligned :( but when im uisng 2013 client it's align. i will post a screen shot wait a min :)

you probably have to male sure those skills don't get listed in the skill_tree either the server files or lua files probably

you probably have to male sure those skills don't get listed in the skill_tree either the server files or lua files probably

so how can i fix this sir judas? what will i do? what will i delete? im not sure where is the files are :(

In db/re/skill_tree you should be able to take out the new skills. I believe that way they should not appear on your skill tree for your characters

In db/re/skill_tree you should be able to take out the new skills. I believe that way they should not appear on your skill tree for your characters

thanks sir judas! :) i will try it when i get home :)

2012 clients are unable to handle skills in the 5000 range and will cause issues like this for the new 3rd job skills. You need to use a 2013 client to fully support them. In short, 2013 clients know skills in the 5000 range are 3rd job skills that belong on the 3rd job tab while 2012 clients are like "Dont know what this is. Put it in the range of 1st and 2nd job skills".

2012 clients are unable to handle skills in the 5000 range and will cause issues like this for the new 3rd job skills. You need to use a 2013 client to fully support them. In short, 2013 clients know skills in the 5000 range are 3rd job skills that belong on the 3rd job tab while 2012 clients are like "Dont know what this is. Put it in the range of 1st and 2nd job skills".

sir i just want to remove the new skills in skill tree (alt+s) but how?

sir i just want to remove the new skills in skill tree (alt+s) but how?

as Judas said remove it in your 'skill_tree.conf' server side..

:meow: