Sign in to follow this  
EKSUHLUHNT

Explain clients to me. full clients vs folders

Question

on ratemyserver.net they have a few client folders.

06-03-2020 kRO Client Folder, 06-29-2017 kRO Client Folder, and etc...

on the NEMO site they have many FULL CLIENT EXEs that you can install....

After updating any of these in the end they'll be the same right?--  so it doesn't matter what you choose?  Does it even matter what Downloadable EXE version that you patch to work with your client?

I have issues with OpenKore is why I'm asking.

My purpose of having a private server is just for bot testing.

Edited by EKSUHLUHNT

3 answers to this question

Full client means you get an installation package that will contain all files needed for the game, including the patcher, game client EXE, BGM, DLLs, GRF (game assets) and other files. The EXEs you see on the NEMO site are just the game client, they cannot be used standalone. It would be best if you pick a full client package close to your intended EXE date and then patch it appropriately. Patching to latest might not always work with an older EXE.

I used a 2020 Client folder and after patching I got 2020 client EXE to work and was able to play the game--  I decided to choose a different client and I only changed packetversion date (2010-12-28) and tried various things for the clientinfo & sclientinfo but couldn't get pass the log-in screen...  It shows it trying to connect logserv.bat.  Any ideas?  

A 2020 Full Client would probably not work with a 2010 EXE without serious tweaking/messing with the files. You should ideally use a full client close to the EXE date (so something like a late-2010 or early/mid-2011 full client). Full clients older than 2010 will not work with that EXE as there was a change in the way client side data was stored (shift to LUA had started, although I don't think it was fully on LUA yet)