Question

Guys, i have a problem, in the academy in izlude i can't walk past the couches or the main entrance to go talk to the npc the map points me, it's like theres an invisible wall there,Let's me acess the first side rooms left and right and the F2 but doesn't let me walk forward in any way, how to fix this? , 
Let's me acess the first side rooms left and right and the F2 but doesn't let me walk forwar in any way

also someone told me my map cache was probably outdated and that izlude academy map changed long ago, now what i can't really find is how can i update such thing or fix this issues so that the server can be playable without having to use sketchy warps... i am using hercules and yes i am a new comer to this world, thanks in advance.

Captura de ecrã 2023-11-01 062832.jpg

0 answers to this question

This indeed looks like a mapcache issue.

'Map Cache' is what we call the copy of the maps that Hercules keeps on the server side. While the client has the gat/rsw/gnd files to define what the map looks like and how each cell behaves, the server also needs its own data, specially for the cell part, and this comes into the Map Cache file.

The Map Cache files are meant for things like determining water in the map (for skills that needs that) and to tell which cells are walkable/not walkable/shootable/etc. Without it, a modded client could walk through walls and etc.

When your client has map files that doesn't match the server ones, you get things like you see a path but clicking it doesn't let you walk through. Because the server sees the map as a completely different thing than what you are seeing in-game. From your description, this seems exactly the case.

To fix that, you should regenerate the map cache file for this map using the map cache plugin. I think this guide may help you, it is in the repository docs folder: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/stable/doc/map_cache.md

you should pick the files from your GRF and follow the steps to recreate the map cache of the map you are having issues with.

and yes, izlude and the academy map changed a few times along the years.

Edited by KirieZ
adding details about map cache