Sign in to follow this  
Droppedpjk

/ commands, and 4 slotting equipments?

Question

Ok, so I know everything about the atcommands, but am not sure how to implement the / ones.

Everything I've searched usually has Atcommands as a reference. 

To be direct, I want players to use the /str command and so on. 

I'm not sure if it's just as simple as /str: true or a special function each unique server has.

My second question has to do with 4 slotting equipment.

I've spent the last hour manually doing EACH ITEM one by one. 

Yes I know, I go to item_db and change the 11th spot for equipment to 4. Doing that one by one is killer.

http://herc.ws/board/topic/1101-4slotted-weapon2slotted-shield/

I tried his way but that creates errors in the item database because the expression he uses isn't exact enough and therefore changes THINGS that should not be changed, nor do I know how he came up with those expressions to search. (No experience).

I mainly just want to know if there's an easy way to the second question.

7 answers to this question

Ok so I'll check to see if the /commands do work again, although fairly positive they don't , since they were the reasons I enabled @str without actually knowing what it did lol.

For the 4 slots, I was going to continue to do them manually but I just took some time to analyze the regular expressions used.

([0-9]*),(0[xX][0-9a-fA-F]+) (Put this in find)

4,2 (in-replace)

I'm doing it one by one to see if it is PROPER and perfect but it is definitely much faster.

/str can be used if you have statpoints left,

@str does not checks statpoint and increases the str.

The regular expression you used will change all items to 4 slot(even if its headgear,usuable,etc.)

to answer your first question

what do you mean about /str? is it an  atcommand that will give you additional str? or /str+ 99 (99 is just an example) that will automatically add your stat point to str without clicking it.

second question:

The link is too old to follow.

Click > http://herc.ws/wiki/Custom_Items

and follow the instruction on how you can add slot to your shield.

NOTE: Update your Hercules.

The commands that start with a slash (I'll call them /commands) are just special. See this piece of text in conf/atcommand.conf (it's not in the best place but it's in the best one I can think of:

/* The symbol that will be used to recognize commands.
You can set any one character except:
 - control-characters (0x00-0x1f),
 - '%' (party chat symbol)
 - '$' (guild chat symbol)
 - '/' (client commands symbol)
atcommand_symbol represents @commands used locally.
charcommand_symbol represents #commands used on other players.
*/

atcommand_symbol : "@"
charcommand_symbol: "#"
(On that file you can customize your atcommand and charcommand symbols as you can see).

While @commands makes you use commands by yourself, #commands basically makes commands used as if other player used them as @commands but you'll get its feedback.

As you can see above, /commands are client commands and they are just parsed by the client. Most of them don't even interact with the server-side so you can't control them by any means except modifying the client EXE by yourself (quite a hard task). The few commands that are sent by the client to the server can be controlled (via permission system), so there's very little you can do here.

About your second question, I'm not versed on regular expressions, so I can't be of much help there. Sorry!

Ok, so I know everything about the atcommands, but am not sure how to implement the / ones.

Everything I've searched usually has Atcommands as a reference. 

To be direct, I want players to use the /str command and so on. 

I'm not sure if it's just as simple as /str: true or a special function each unique server has.

My second question has to do with 4 slotting equipment.

I've spent the last hour manually doing EACH ITEM one by one. 

Yes I know, I go to item_db and change the 11th spot for equipment to 4. Doing that one by one is killer.

http://herc.ws/board/topic/1101-4slotted-weapon2slotted-shield/

I tried his way but that creates errors in the item database because the expression he uses isn't exact enough and therefore changes THINGS that should not be changed, nor do I know how he came up with those expressions to search. (No experience).

I mainly just want to know if there's an easy way to the second question.

For the item part, you should use regular exression search, though the topic is too old, I will check if item_db had some update or not,and update the search parameters accordingly.

The commands that start with a slash (I'll call them /commands) are just special. See this piece of text in conf/atcommand.conf (it's not in the best place but it's in the best one I can think of:

/* The symbol that will be used to recognize commands.
You can set any one character except:
 - control-characters (0x00-0x1f),
 - '%' (party chat symbol)
 - '$' (guild chat symbol)
 - '/' (client commands symbol)
atcommand_symbol represents @commands used locally.
charcommand_symbol represents #commands used on other players.
*/

atcommand_symbol : "@"
charcommand_symbol: "#"
(On that file you can customize your atcommand and charcommand symbols as you can see).

While @commands makes you use commands by yourself, #commands basically makes commands used as if other player used them as @commands but you'll get its feedback.

As you can see above, /commands are client commands and they are just parsed by the client. Most of them don't even interact with the server-side so you can't control them by any means except modifying the client EXE by yourself (quite a hard task). The few commands that are sent by the client to the server can be controlled (via permission system), so there's very little you can do here.

About your second question, I'm not versed on regular expressions, so I can't be of much help there. Sorry!

try to use /str+ 99, if you have enough status point it will fill up your str until it reach 99. I think it is the TS trying to point out?

Edited by sevenzz23

Ok so I'll check to see if the /commands do work again, although fairly positive they don't , since they were the reasons I enabled @str without actually knowing what it did lol.

For the 4 slots, I was going to continue to do them manually but I just took some time to analyze the regular expressions used.

([0-9]*),(0[xX][0-9a-fA-F]+) (Put this in find)

4,2 (in-replace)

I'm doing it one by one to see if it is PROPER and perfect but it is definitely much faster.