LuLu

Help open pull request (Fixing char deletion time in 2013++ client)

Question

Can someone help me.

I don't know how to make a pull request.

I might have the fix for CHARACTER DELETION TIME BUG in 2013++ clients.

I tried it and the timer for deletion works fine.

post-2226-0-92179800-1381381510_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

What point do you fail on understanding or doing? I'm open on improving the guide. Don't let that amount of text scare you: it's pretty straightforward.

Anyways, if you want, you could just send us a patch file and I think our devs could merge it without any problems.

Can I just send the file? That would be much better

EDIT:

I don't want it because I have to download a lot of things which I don't want to be installed on my Computer. It gives me the feeling that its dirty.

I have forked the repo but it doesn't sync or gets updated everytime the repo is updated so my repo gets outdated. Don't know how to make a clone of it even after every update.

Edited by LuLu

Yeah, try sending the file to a source dev or even open an issue there on GitHub attaching the file. I'm almost sure a dev would look at it and proceed as appropriate.

I'm not a dev and it's possible I wouldn't know how to implement it/what to implement, but if you want I could try to maje the file reach a source dev if you want if you post it here. Others will surely see it, but well, we are an open source community: if your contribution gets merged everybody will be able to see it anyways, and they could also modify & merge it on other projects and so on.

but if you want I could try to make the file reach a source dev if you want if you post it here

Can I just send it to you through a PM? Its just a patch file

but if you want I could try to make the file reach a source dev if you want if you post it here

post here

I haven't received that patch yet, but it would be nice if some people with better knowledge revierwd it before merging it to the project.

post here

I haven't received that patch yet, but it would be nice if some people with better knowledge revierwd it before merging it to the project.

OK i will post here. It will patch the char.c

char.c.patch

LuLu, on 11 Oct 2013 - 10:59, said:

attachicon.gif char.c.patch

Thank you for your contribution, its much appreciated (I'll be going over it once my next commit is complete)

By the way, pull requests can also be done without having to download or install anything -- entirely on github.com, by:

1) Hit the fork button.

2) Edit desired files over github.com using their webeditor interface (in the repository you forked) -- https://help.github.com/articles/creating-and-editing-files-in-your-repository

3) Hit the Pull Request Button in the forked repository, and voila.

LuLu, on 11 Oct 2013 - 10:59, said:

attachicon.gif char.c.patch

Thank you for your contribution, its much appreciated (I'll be going over it once my next commit is complete)

By the way, pull requests can also be done without having to download or install anything -- entirely on github.com, by:

1) Hit the fork button.

2) Edit desired files over github.com using their webeditor interface (in the repository you forked) -- https://help.github.com/articles/creating-and-editing-files-in-your-repository

3) Hit the Pull Request Button in the forked repository, and voila.

Wow. Thanks a lot for the info

Haru and I tested the problem throughly and were able to solve it (we wouldn't know where to start if it werent for you demonstrating the client wanted only how much time was left in the ack packet).

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/commit/ca15680b184ae630ee90eaa4f71faab19f8fe20e

Again, thank you for your contribution, its highly appreciated.

im getting compile warnings. xD

1>..srccharchar.c(1900): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'uint32', possible loss of data
1>..srccharchar.c(3569): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'uint32', possible loss of data

Edited by LuLu

1>..srccharchar.c(1900): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'uint32', possible loss of data

1>..srccharchar.c(3569): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'uint32', possible loss of data

what is your os?

what is your os?

OS? Windows 8.1 Pro WMC x64

But I'm using VS2012.