Sign in to follow this  
Shio

Space in guild name??

Question

Okay so i'm using current revison of hercules, also using 2012/04/10a Client and I cannot put spaces in the guild names.

i've heard it could possibly be a hex issue with the client? And i've also heard it could be a version number AND OR Packet_db not supporting my client.

Version:30

Couldn't find a Packet_Db so.. any help with this?

6 answers to this question

In what manner are you attempting to create a guild with spaces in the name? Like this?

/guild Guild Name

The proper way would be to enclose it in quotation marks:

/guild "Guild Name"

If you know that already, have you tried using a different client? The best way to determine whether or not it's your specific client is to compare it with a different version.

In what manner are you attempting to create a guild with spaces in the name? Like this?

/guild Guild Name

The proper way would be to enclose it in quotation marks:

/guild "Guild Name"

If you know that already, have you tried using a different client? The best way to determine whether or not it's your specific client is to compare it with a different version.

Yeah i've tried the sample above, it worked with a 2011 client, but i've tried 20120410aRE ofc. and 20120202RE client also and still have the same issue. 

Open the client with a hex editor, look for the string, then change it manually. It isn't way too hard but may be somewhat difficult if you haven't ever hexed anything. I suggest you to give it a try yourself.

IDK what hex editors are currently in use, I still use XVI32 which is still good in my opinion. Here is its official webpage for download: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm