Beret

Item bonus

In aegis the bonus items are cleaner than the current emulator, I don't know why eathena never followed the model aegis to bonus because let cleaner script tab items. Why not change some bonus for aegis mechanics, for example:

Aegis

AddParamTime VAR_STR 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_DEX 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_AGI 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_INT 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_VIT 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_LUK 3 5400

Hercules

sc_start SC_INCALLSTATUS,5400000,3;

The way it exists in the aegis can view which is much better, because we can work as a bonus for STR, AGI, among others, consumable items currently does not support str bonus to consume the item, has only effects support SC

Another example.

Aegis

AddAttrTolerace PROPERTY_All 3 MAGIC

Hercules

bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Neutral,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Water,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Earth,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Fire,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Wind,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Poison,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Holy,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Dark,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Ghost,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Undead,3,BF_MAGIC;

In hercules is created an effect for each State, in aegis besides a of every effect there is one that involves everyone.

There are bonus items in aegis that does not yet exist in hercules, and also very items are with the incorrect bonus compared to aegis.

Leave your opinion about this subject, let's leave hercules with the same mechanics aegis, thank you all.

In aegis the bonus items are cleaner than the current emulator, I don't know why eathena never followed the model aegis to bonus because let cleaner script tab items. Why not change some bonus for aegis mechanics, for example:

Aegis

AddParamTime VAR_STR 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_DEX 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_AGI 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_INT 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_VIT 3 5400AddParamTime VAR_LUK 3 5400

Hercules

sc_start SC_INCALLSTATUS,5400000,3;

The way it exists in the aegis can view which is much better, because we can work as a bonus for STR, AGI, among others, consumable items currently does not support str bonus to consume the item, has only effects support SC

Another example.

Aegis

Hercules

bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Neutral,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Water,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Earth,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Fire,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Wind,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Poison,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Holy,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Dark,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Ghost,3,BF_MAGIC;bonus3 bSubEle,Ele_Undead,3,BF_MAGIC;

In hercules is created an effect for each State, in aegis besides a of every effect there is one that involves everyone.

There are bonus items in aegis that does not yet exist in hercules, and also very items are with the incorrect bonus compared to aegis.

Leave your opinion about this subject, let's leave hercules with the same mechanics aegis, thank you all.

My guess is that Athena devs never followed strictly Aegis' "cleaner" script tabs because they wanted to emulate some kind of C89 to approximate their script standard to the one that's used in the src... In my humble opinion sometimes it's cleaner to code using commas to differentiate different parameters than using only spaces or tabs (like in headers).

Also there're ways to increase one statuses temporarily:

SC_INCAGI	190SC_INCVIT	191SC_INCINT	192SC_INCDEX	193SC_INCLUK	194
Regarding:
It'd be nice to have a way to use all properties at once in Hercules too, but you could use something like:
for( set @i,0; @i <= 9; set @i, @i++; )%TAB%bonus3 bSubEle,@i,3,BF_MAGIC;

Which bonuses do not exist? And which ones are incorrect?

My guess is that Athena devs never followed strictly Aegis' "cleaner" script tabs because they wanted to emulate some kind of C89 to approximate their script standard to the one that's used in the src... In my humble opinion sometimes it's cleaner to code using commas to differentiate different parameters than using only spaces or tabs (like in headers).

Also there're ways to increase one statuses temporarily:

SC_INCAGI	190SC_INCVIT	191SC_INCINT	192SC_INCDEX	193SC_INCLUK	194

I don't think so, I think devs eathena made that way due to lack of information, and they thought it was an effect since most of consumable use SC effects.

Regarding:

It'd be nice to have a way to use all properties at once in Hercules too, but you could use something like:

for( set @i,0; @i <= 9; set @i, @i++; )%TAB%bonus3 bSubEle,@i,3,BF_MAGIC;

I know that there is such a way, more is not a form aegis. Not to mention that many newbies won't know to make a loop to apply this in your emulator.

Which bonuses do not exist? And which ones are incorrect?

the bonus that I cited on the topic are some.

I don't think so, I think devs eathena made that way due to lack of information, and they thought it was an effect since most of consumable use SC effects.

I tested on Hercules and those SCs (status changes) work just like any increase would in Aegis... The only consumables I can remember that increase statuses are foods and there're proper changes that are applied:
SC_FOOD_STR	204SC_FOOD_AGI	205SC_FOOD_VIT	206SC_FOOD_INT	207SC_FOOD_DEX	208SC_FOOD_LUK	209
Athena-based emulators are different than Aegis and that's not a bad thing, I don't think that it's needed to change this syntax that's been used for a long time just to be like Aegis, specially in this case when the only difference is nomenclature. If there was real need to be just like Aegis we could rewrite our script engine and parse directly from leaks, if I'm not mistaken, there're some legal aspects that don't let us do that. Have you found any other bonuses that are wrong in Hercules?

if we have script command like AddParamTime can run any bonus script for consumable item effect

it will be more more flexible  for item script writing

if we have script command like AddParamTime can run any bonus script for consumable item effect

it will be more more flexible  for item script writing

Doesn't sc_start do the exactly same thing as AddParamTime?

The point I want to emphasize is running any bonus script feature, we can optimize that command(sc_start/ AddParamTime whatever it called ), so that  we have more powerful  script command for  scripting

Edited by Angelmelody

The point I want to emphasize is running any bonus script feature, we can optimize that command(sc_start/ AddParamTime whatever it called ), so that  we have more powerful  script command for  scripting

Oh I got it, it's the ability to make bonuses last only for a certain period of time that's missing in our engine

I think that maybe the reason behind SC_INCALLSTATUS vs AddParamTime was that it'd take 1 timer instead of 6 with the same duration, I have no argument against AddAttrTolerace