Sign in to follow this  
CyricRO

Others can't connect.

Question

Hello, I set up a hercules server using the 2013-12-23 client.

I set everything accordingly.

I've checked all my ports and it says they are open, and I can connect by LAN using the client.

I sent the client to my girlfriend in hopes we could play together, the client doesn't read the data folder, so I've had to place the clientinto.xml into a grf file (adata.grf) and set my data.ini to read it first.

The clientinfo.xml is using the WAN noip address, and 127.0.0.1 is in my clientinfo.xml on my computer, I can play, but when she tries to log in, I don't see anything on my server bats, and after a nice little delay, she gets the message "failed to connect". I'm just using the standard default ports, 6121 5121 6900.

char-server.conf has:

login_ip: 127.0.0.1
char_ip: noipaddress

map-server.conf has:
char_ip: 127.0.0.1
map_ip: noipaddress

Could this have something to do with subnet?
Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

For anyone that may encounter this problem in the future, Thanks to Ossi0110 this problem was fixed.  It was a combination of two things- subnet required two entries, one with subnet/wan/wan another with subnet/lan/lan - the client was also rediffed to enable DNS support.  After these steps, the connection was established.  Thanks again Ossi0110.

Change your char, login, and map IPs to your No-IP address. Test if you can connect to your server by using your No-IP address in your clientinfo.xml; if you can't, it might be because you are connected to the internet behind a firewall, wireless router, or both.

In this case, add login-server.exe, char-server.exe, and map-server.exe  or ports (6900, 6121, and 5121) to your firewall exceptions; for a wireless router, you'll need to forward those ports to your LAN IP (typically 192.168.1.x). You can find your LAN IP address by running a command prompt and typing ipconfig /all and looking for the IPv4 Address. Also take a note of the Default Gateway, as you'll need to be able to access your router's settings by connecting to that IP address.

Alternatively, download, install, and set up a VPN with Hamachi - it's free and intuitive. You'll be provided with a IPv4 address that you can use in place of the No-IP address, and you won't have to worry about firewalls, routers or port forwarding. Note that you'll have to have anyone else you want to play with on your Hamachi network (meaning they have to install it too), or they won't be able to connect. Additionally, you'll only be able to play with up to four other people on your free network (unless you join everyone else's), but if you're just playing with your girlfriend then this would be the easiest solution for you.

I have about 8 people who want to connect, I hate HATE hamachi.

I just transferred from rAthena, and it worked when I was on that.  I updated to this version and all the ports are OPEN

I checked on her computer and mine using port checker.

The clientinfo is set to the no-ip address, as well as the above mentioned.  There are no firewalls.

Once again, there is NOTHING displayed on the server bats.  If I try to create an account, nothing.  If I try to sign in, nothing.

This is only with her computer, not mine.  It seems that any WAN connection is completely invisible.  I'm not sure if this is the server or the client, but I can connect perfectly though LAN.

For anyone that may encounter this problem in the future, Thanks to Ossi0110 this problem was fixed.  It was a combination of two things- subnet required two entries, one with subnet/wan/wan another with subnet/lan/lan - the client was also rediffed to enable DNS support.  After these steps, the connection was established.  Thanks again Ossi0110.

where is his post?