Sign in to follow this  
PunkBuster

Variable Size

Question

I made a custom NPC which displays how much zeny players have spent healing, mvping, and questing. I rapidly ran into problems because the shown number didn't change: the variable I had used to store the number has a maximum allowable number.

In scripting, is it possible to create a variable with a larger memory value? Similar to double variables in C?

2 answers to this question

Not AFAIK, but you can do some tricks provided you know what is the max value of your scripting vars (I don't know myself).

// Let's say you keep your spent zeny in the myspentzeny var#MAX_NUM_VALUE = your maximum number value;OnZenySpent:if (myspentzeny + @recently_spent >= #MAX_NUM_VALUE) {    myspentzeny2++;    myspentzeny = myspentzeny % #MAX_NUM_VALUE;}dispbottom "You've spent a total of " + myspentzeny2 + myspentzeny + " Zeny.";

Perhaps you'll need to saturate #MAX_NUM_VALUE to a value that is all nines so that when you add one you'll make it overflow to 0 but make the carry sum on myspentzeny2.

Edit: you can even use an array that handles it so that you'll save all up on the same variable.

Edited by jaBote