Sign in to follow this  
BuLaLaKaW

[HELP edit] - add an elevation like a 1x1 cell tower about 2 or 3 unit up

Question

Hi,

Requesting help from people who have knowledge on mapping. I need to have a tower like elevation of 1 x 1 cell for about 2 or 3 units up or boxes up. The map is chess01 and the location of the tower is coordinates  40 , 38

The reason why I want to have an elevation on this location since this is the only location where the player can have a clear view of the entire chess set without moving.

See attached images

post-38-0-03077500-1392183285_thumb.jpg

The only location of the map that a player can have a clear view of the entire set is coordinate  40 , 38  of this map

post-38-0-29242400-1392183292_thumb.jpg

Map file : chess01

(map) chess01.rar

Please help!

9 answers to this question

You can always increase the view range of your emu, by editing: conf/battle/client.conf and look for "area_size:" (I wonder if this is the same in Hercules?)

Moreover, if you still want to edit the cell, just open it in browedit and, in gat edit mode, raise the gat cell elevation for that.  Resave your map and there you have your elevation.

You can always increase the view range of your emu, by editing: conf/battle/client.conf and look for "area_size:" (I wonder if this is the same in Hercules?)

Moreover, if you still want to edit the cell, just open it in browedit and, in gat edit mode, raise the gat cell elevation for that.  Resave your map and there you have your elevation.

hi olrox .. got an error

post-38-0-34559500-1392186090_thumb.jpg

can i beg please place the tower on that coordinate, i really do not know how to use browedt

Should be the same. Dont see any drastic changes that could affect that. D:

Should be the same. Dont see any drastic changes that could affect that. D:

I have recreated a possible ending or image in this case, it should look something like this

post-38-0-18200500-1392255713_thumb.jpg

here is the reasons why I want to do something like this

1> if the players or 2 players playing chess is in the middle, they can see the entire view

2> both cant go out or walk away from the tower

3> easy to check since I will just do a check number of users on that specific location of the map.

also i want to utilize this script command

*getareausers("<map name>",<x1>,<y1>,<x2>,<y2>)This function will return the count of connected characters which are located within the specified area - an x1/y1-x2/y2 square on the specified map.This is useful for maps that are split into many buildings, such as all the "*_in" maps, due to all the shops and houses.

please help

thanks

Edited by BuLaLaKaW

Here is it. Regarding the script you should ask support in the script forums about that.

definitely this solves all! awesomeness!

this is the main view

post-38-0-99330100-1392373332_thumb.jpg

the how it looks on the black side pcs

post-38-0-87827200-1392373334_thumb.jpg

and on the white side pcs

post-38-0-71795000-1392373328_thumb.jpg

thank you very so much orlox!