Mystery

February Digest 2014

February Digest 2014
The following digest covers the month of February 1st - February 28th 2014.

Team Changes

[*]@AnnieRuru has joined the team as a Scripting Moderator. [*]@bgamez23 has been awarded a Community Contributor title for continuous contribution throughout Hercules. [*]@Olrox has joined the team as a Graphic Moderator. [*]@pan has joined the team as a Core Developer.

Development Highlights

[*]Whopping clean up of messages.conf (87b6c8f) [*]Improved mapindex_name2id errors (0732f55) [*]Introducing #define NPC Constants (950e3eb) [*]Removed Option_ constants from const.txt (a5728fd)
      [*]Input directly from the source [*]Compounds are always up to date regardless if new members are added, also added a new compound OPTION_COSTUME

[*]MEMORY SLASHER IN TOWN! (142a8f4) [*]Fixed animation for dead players respawning (fb82304) [*]Unit removed from map animation (866427a) [*]Updated skill_require_db.txt structure (58544d7) [*]Modified successrefitem script command (9d1f80e) [*]Bind atcommands are now case-insensitive (92be98c) [*]Improved script case check reports to include more accurate source info (7b19f96) [*]Fixed vending title escaping (891bd05) [*]Improvements on the script commands sscanf, axtoi. Added strtol. (1cf7c1e)

[*]Added script command strtol (conforming to the ISO C90 function) [*]Modified script command axtoi to internally use strtol instead of an unnecessary own implementation. [*]Fixed sscanf behavior to conform to the C specifications in case the input string is empty. It now correctly returns -1, or 0 if the format string is also empty. Fixes bugreport:8009, thanks to AnnieRuru

[*]Fixed millenium shield crash with clones (144a9eb) [*]Updated HPMHookGen with a HPMDataCheck generator (35e1b99) [*]Fixed item combo bypassing disabled item restrictions (00ef66f) [*]Introduction to HPM Datacheck! (d334696, 250ec31) (Topic)

[*]This introduces automatic data integrity insurance between plugins and the core, allowing the core to reject loading plugins whose data structures mismatch those in the core thus preventing potential crashes and loose data read/write, it goes a long way towards making this issue being inexistent.  [*]In short: its a feature that enables the core to reject "outdated" plugins, "outdated" meaning that a data struct used by the plugin has been modified in the core while the plugin was not recompiled to reflect the change.

[*]Inter Server asking Login Server for account information instead of a query to the login table (da233d5) [*]MvP Devotion Fix (8a05e61)

Job / Classes Skill Development Highlights

[*]Renewal Mechanics Rebalance Update! (6f26451) (Topic)
      [*]" More than I could list! Following is what I could pick out, I'm going only as far as to mention the names that have been modified/added due to the length of the commit, I apologize for the lack of detail -- includes updated mechanics, formulas, entirely new skills and so on! "
        [*]1st/2nd Class Skills [*]Rune Knight Skills [*]Arch Bishop Skills [*]Warlock Skills [*]Ranger Skills [*]Mechanic Skills [*]Shadow Chaser Skills [*]Royal Guard Skills [*]Sura Skills [*]Wanderer / Ministrel Skills [*]Sorcerer Skills [*]Genetic Skills [*]Guillotine Cross Skills [*]- All Class Skills
          [*]ALL_ODINS_POWER [*]ALL_FULL_THROTTLE [*]SC_ODINS_POWER

Client Support Improvements Highlights

[*]Improved client_hash_check (e4a1ca2)
      [*]Added option to disable hash check by GM group_id (specify 'disabled' as hash for a certain group_id to let them log in with any client, even if client_hash_check is enabled [*]Updated and reworded related documentation for the feature, following user feedback about certain parts being incomplete or confusing.

[*]Added /stat+ commands support for 2013-12+ clients (42b5c04)

Forum Structural Changes
Script Releases now have new sub-forums with proper descriptions to keep things organized. Sub-forums are:

[*]Utility Releases [*]PvP, WoE, GvG, & Battleground Releases [*]Event & Game Releases [*]Quest, Shops, Functions & Algorithms

Statistics

[*]During the period there were 115 Commits. [*]Of these 115 commits, 25 included bug-fixes. [*]6 Commits from Pull Requests [*]In this month, there were 10,532 Additions and 8,814 Deletions.

One more outstanding month passed.

Waiting for next outstanding month....

Whoa... for a minute there I thought you meant I missed a month D:

haha. Is my english soo bad?

haha. Is my english soo bad?

Not necessarily haha! I read it too fast and I didn't give my brain time to process the information xD Guess thats what staying up for 18 hours and a half does to you... o-o