Sign in to follow this  
Hadeszeus

requesting this kind of script? if doable.

Question

When you talk to an NPC. A define Item is directly equipped to users, then when the script ENDS the item will auto remove from the user including logout event.

More info: When I say remove it means DELETE from equip or inventory. 

Edited by Hadeszeus

6 answers to this question

why not just use changelook ...

prontera,156,183,5	script	kjdhfsksjf	100,{	mes "input an item to preview the look";	next;	input .@id, 500, 32768;	if ( getitemname(.@id) == "null" ) {		mes "no such item";		close;	}	if ( getiteminfo( .@id, 2 ) != IT_ARMOR && !( getiteminfo( .@id, 5 ) & 256 ) ) {		mes "that item is not a upper headgear";		close;	}	@look_temp = getlook(LOOK_HEAD_TOP);	addtimer 100, strnpcinfo(0)+"::OnQuit";	changelook LOOK_HEAD_TOP, getiteminfo( .@id, 11 );	mes "how's the look ?";	next;	changelook LOOK_HEAD_TOP, @look_temp;	@look_temp = 0;	mes "bye";	close;OnQuit:	changelook LOOK_HEAD_TOP, look_temp;	@look_temp = 0;	end;}
euphy's quest shop already has the preview function isn't it ?

prontera,156,183,5	script	kjdhfsksjf	100,{	mes "hi";	getitem 1204, 1;	equip 1204;	addtimer 1, strnpcinfo(0)+"::OnPCLogoutEvent";	next;	mes "bye";	close2;OnPCLogoutEvent:	if ( countitem(1204) )		delitem 1204, countitem(1204);	end;}
what's the point of doing this actually ?

prontera,156,183,5	script	kjdhfsksjf	100,{	mes "hi";	getitem 1204, 1;	equip 1204;	addtimer 1, strnpcinfo(0)+"::OnPCLogoutEvent";	next;	mes "bye";	close2;OnPCLogoutEvent:	if ( countitem(1204) )		delitem 1204, countitem(1204);	end;}
what's the point of doing this actually ?

@Annie I tested it and works fine, though I still need to do it to support multiple items.

Actually, the whole idea of what I'm trying to do is simple.

In real life if you want to buy something you really want to try it first before buying it.

One of the option I have is something like this. I tried searching for similar idea but failed to find one. Maybe you know something like this?

Edited by Hadeszeus

if for just testing, why not just use rental items?

Yeah thats possible using rentitem2 plugin or package box. 

But I want something like this...

why not just use changelook ...

prontera,156,183,5	script	kjdhfsksjf	100,{	mes "input an item to preview the look";	next;	input .@id, 500, 32768;	if ( getitemname(.@id) == "null" ) {		mes "no such item";		close;	}	if ( getiteminfo( .@id, 2 ) != IT_ARMOR && !( getiteminfo( .@id, 5 ) & 256 ) ) {		mes "that item is not a upper headgear";		close;	}	@look_temp = getlook(LOOK_HEAD_TOP);	addtimer 100, strnpcinfo(0)+"::OnQuit";	changelook LOOK_HEAD_TOP, getiteminfo( .@id, 11 );	mes "how's the look ?";	next;	changelook LOOK_HEAD_TOP, @look_temp;	@look_temp = 0;	mes "bye";	close;OnQuit:	changelook LOOK_HEAD_TOP, look_temp;	@look_temp = 0;	end;}
euphy's quest shop already has the preview function isn't it ?

Thanks Annie!

Btw,I never had a chance to try Euphys quest shop.