ToiletMaster

Input command on script selectable

Question

Hi Guys,

I understand the logic of changing 1:1 using the input command.

example is

while(input(.@novice,1,1000))                    {                                    mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                    mes "Please re-think about your choice. It's not making any sense!";                    close;                                        }                mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                mes "So.. you'll be exchanging a total amount of ^FF0000"+.@novice+"^000000 Empty bottles right?";                next;                if(countitem(713) >= .@novice){                                    mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                    mes "Here you go!";                    delitem 713,.@novice;                    getitem 569,.@novice;                    next;                    mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                    mes "Come back if you have more!";                    close;                    }

But currently i'm stuck at saying, let's say 2 jellopies for 1 novice potion? I would prefer for it to be selectable but I can't seem to get the right logic out of it. Unless i set specifically like

if(countitem(909) >= 20){ delitem 909 20;getitem 569 10;

Right now i'm trying to put input option in as well, but 2 jellopies for 1 novice potion ._.

If someone could enlighted me on this part it'd be great!

Edited by ToiletMaster

2 answers to this question

while(input(.@novice,1,1000))                    {                                    mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                    mes "Please re-think about your choice. It's not making any sense!";                    close;                                        }                mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                mes "So..You want to get "+.@novice+" Novice Potion?";                next;                if(countitem(JELLOPY_ID) >= (.@novice*2)){                                    mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                    mes "Here you go!";                    delitem JELLOPY_ID,.@novice*2;                    getitem NOVICE_POTION_ID,.@novice;                    next;                    mes ""+.npc_name$+"";                    mes "Come back if you have more!";                    close;                }

you can also set configuration(variables) for that multiplier...

Edited by Dastgir Pojee

while(input(.@novice,1,1000))                    {                                    mes ""+.npc_name"";                    mes "Please re-think about your choice. It's not making any sense!";                    close;                                        }                mes ""+.npc_name"";                mes "So..You want to get "+.@novice+" Novice Potion?";                next;                if(countitem(JELLOPY_ID) >= (.@novice*2)){                                    mes ""+.npc_name"";                    mes "Here you go!";                    delitem JELLOPY_ID,.@novice*2;                    getitem NOVICE_POTION_ID,.@novice;                    next;                    mes ""+.npc_name"";                    mes "Come back if you have more!";                    close;                }

you can also set configuration(variables) for that multiplier...

omg i cannot believe I missed that! I was just missing the *2 at two parts ._.

thank you once again for pointing it out for me!