Sign in to follow this  
Neo-Mind

Job Names

Question

Hi , I know that the class name & sprite path for each job is hard-coded in the client.

But what I would like to know is if there is a way for the server to tell the client to pick up only the sprite and not change the class name or is it completely controlled by client only.

(I saw that even for the Santa and Summer suits, the client changes the name to the default - Poring :P and I wanted to change that behavior if possible).

P.S. I added the topic in source support because i'm looking for a solution in Source code if possible :D

Edited by MStream

5 answers to this question

(I saw that even for the Santa and Summer suits, the client changes the name to the default - Poring and I wanted to change that behavior if possible).

this doesnt happen in hercules, i fixed it some weeks ago.

*changebase <job ID number>{,<account ID>};This command will change a character's appearance to that of the specified jobclass. Nothing but appearance will change.The command will run for the invoking character unless an account ID is given.	changebase Job_Novice; // Changes player to Novice sprite.	changebase Class; // Changes player back to default sprite. 

Yes it changes the job name displayed and even the entire skill tree. Tried with a Wizard changebasing to Genetic. Test script:

-	script	changebaser	-1,{OnWhisperGlobal:changebase 4071;dispbottom "OK";end;}

I sadly don't know any alternative to that.

P.S.: It seems this doesn't either work when changebasing to Wedding sprite. Extending this I can hypothesize Xmas, Summer and Gangsi bases also don't work with this.

Edited by jaBote