Kichi

Reject From Server

Question

Helo guys, i got problem when installing Hercules

Our server:
VPS CentOS

mmo.h

#ifndef PACKETVER	#define PACKETVER 20120410//	#define PACKETVER 20130807#endif // PACKETVER//Uncomment the following line if your client is ragexeRE instead of ragexe (required because of conflicting packets in ragexe vs ragexeRE).#define ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE#ifdef ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE	#define PACKETVER_RE	#undef ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE#endif // DISABLE_PACKETVER_RE

this is my conf

map-server.conf

// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.//char_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxxchar_ip: 127.0.0.1// The map server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxx//map_ip: 127.0.0.1// Map Server Portmap_port: 5121

char-server.conf

// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.login_ip: 127.0.0.1//login_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxx// The character server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Login Server Portlogin_port: 6900// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: 23.228..xxx.xxx//char_ip: 127.0.0.1

Everything goes correct

but after login -> select server -> "Rejected From Server"

looks like i can't connect to char-server, no error message

if we change the login_ip (char-server) and char_ip (map-server) to IP public

this was happened

[Info]: Attempt to connect to login-server...[Status]: Connecting to 23.228.xxx.xxx:6900[Error]: Can not connect to login-server.[Error]: The server communication passwords (default s1/p1) are probably invalid.[Error]: Also, please make sure your login db has the correct communication username/passwords and the gender of the account is S.[Error]: The communication passwords are set in /conf/map-server.conf and /conf/char-server.conf[Warning]: Connection to Login Server lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it only happends on hercules, with same setting we can run rA server
does hercules need additional config?

Thank You

Tried on PC with local IP, Work fine, i can login till map

--- SOLVED ---

after the VPS guy give us new IP, it work

Edited by Kichi

9 answers to this question

[Error]: The server communication passwords (default s1/p1) are probably invalid.

you haven't edited MySQL s1/p1 of account_id 1

or you haven't changed it from char_server.conf and map_server.conf

[Error]: The server communication passwords (default s1/p1) are probably invalid.

you haven't edited MySQL s1/p1 of account_id 1

or you haven't changed it from char_server.conf and map_server.conf

i use same config on my PC and everything is oke

i think the login-server is only on localhost, thats why when char connect to IP he can't find login.

the setting is correct on dedicated server :/

was is packet issue or something?

@_@ confused enough

Can you check if the following fields from char-server.conf and map-server.conf matches:

userid: passwd: 

and it should also match with SQL login table with account_id `1` and gender should be 'S'

this server already test on my PC and work fine
the problem come on VPS

i even change the folder name to our old emulator, still didn't work :D

post-213-0-15015500-1401708939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kichi

the problem come on VPS

attachicon.gifswt.jpg

Login to mysql, check login table if it have account with account_id 1, user: ryan, pass: cool and gender as S

from map-server.conf :

char_ip: 127.0.0.1
map_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxx

you used two different ip address, is this correct?

from char-server.conf :

login_ip: 127.0.0.1
char_ip: 23.228..xxx.xxx

you did it again

the problem come on VPS

attachicon.gifswt.jpg

Login to mysql, check login table if it have account with account_id 1, user: ryan, pass: cool and gender as S

the image strip, it showed i do have the ryan and cool as server account for communication

from map-server.conf :

char_ip: 127.0.0.1

map_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxx

you used two different ip address, is this correct?

from char-server.conf :

login_ip: 127.0.0.1

char_ip: 23.228..xxx.xxx

you did it again

yes this is configuration from wiki hercules, this config work for rathena and doesn't work for hercules

if we change to

char_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxxmap_ip: 23.228.xxx.xxxlogin_ip: 23.228..xxx.xxxchar_ip: 23.228..xxx.xxx

char-server will fail connect to login :(

[Info]: Attempt to connect to login-server...[Status]: Connecting to 23.228.xxx.xxx:6900[Error]: Can not connect to login-server.[Error]: The server communication passwords (default s1/p1) are probably invalid.[Error]: Also, please make sure your login db has the correct communication username/passwords and the gender of the account is S.[Error]: The communication passwords are set in /conf/map-server.conf and /conf/char-server.conf[Warning]: Connection to Login Server lost.

looks like the login server IP is 127.0.0.1, maybe if char looking for 23.228.xxx.xxx, he looking for non existant server (login-server) CMIIW

Edited by Kichi