Waker

General questions

Question

Hi, I had been using rAthena but since I want my server to be as up to date as possible (Don't mind some bugs) and to use the lowest amount of RAM here I am trying hercules out :)

So my questions are:

1.  How do I get items on the Cash shop? Where do I get the cash shop money?
  2.  I remember when I played on a pre-ren. server when I equipped a tuxedo my 'job' changed. and the same with a wedding dress. Why doesn't it happen now?
  3.  I'd also like to know what is the most stable client version and if these are of any use ( http://hercules.endlessro.net/ )
  4.  Last I'd like to know if someone can give me some info on the latest data folder and client.
  5.  Oh almost forgot, is there a better, easier place to learn how to make custom mobs? I wanted the aquaring and cowring porings :/
  6. Edit: How to add more cloth colors I only have like 4 or 5... :/ (and hairstyles if possible)
  7. Edit 2: I've been trying to connect with another computer localy and I use the IP: 192.168.1.50. client side everything works fine but on the server this shows up:
    [Status]: Connection of the account 'Admin' accepted.	[Info]: Closed connection from '192.168.1.7'.

What do I do?

Thank you for reading

Edited by Waker

8 answers to this question

How do I get items on the Cash shop? Where do I get the cash shop money?

Here's code to make cash shop

prontera,152,152,1	trader	CashShop	4_F_EDEN_OFFICER,{	OnInit:	tradertype(NST_CASH);	sellitem IdOrAegisName,AMOUNT;	end;}

you can get cash points by custom quests or events. just adding following line after getitem would give you cashpoints

#CASHPOINTS += amount;

I remember when I played on a pre-ren. server when I equipped a tuxedo my 'job' changed. and the same with a wedding dress. Why doesn't it happen now?
Job isn't changed but only looks change(if i recall correctly). isn't it great that job doesn't change?

I'd also like to know what is the most stable client version and if these are of any use ( http://hercules.endlessro.net )

2013-08-07 is stable for 2013 clients. (for me 2014-02-05 also seems working good)

that link you gave is for full client, so you can get working kRO and upload your full client.

Last I'd like to know if someone can give me some info on the latest data folder and client.

I suggest you to use NEMO Patcher to diff the client: http://herc.ws/board/topic/2905-nemo-client-patcher/page-1

Oh almost forgot, is there a better, easier place to learn how to make custom mobs? I wanted the aquaring and cowring porings :/
you need to edit jobname.lua and npcidentity.lua for clientside

Edit: How to add more cloth colors I only have like 4 or 5... :/ (and hairstyles if possible)

Get palletes and increase the limit from

conf/battle/client.conf

// Valid range of dyes and styles on the client.min_hair_style: 0max_hair_style: 27min_hair_color: 0max_hair_color: 8min_cloth_color: 0 max_cloth_color: 4

I've been trying to connect with another computer localy and I use the IP: 192.168.1.50. client side everything works fine but on the server this shows up:

are both computer connected? is that local IP correct? you cannot connect to server or that message just pop out but you can connect to server?

Okay so both computers are connected. When I use internal IP it opens saying Ragnarok (0) and when I click enter I get Failed to connect to server.

About the marriage system I meant the sprite changed. I can't even equip a tuxedo now it's a misc item ._.

Regarding cash points, is there any command that allows me to spawn it? Also how can I change the items that are in the cash shop? With the NPC you posted? Thank you

About the marriage system I meant the sprite changed. I can't even equip a tuxedo now it's a misc item ._. 

open db/item_db2.conf, Search

/*{	Id: 2338	AegisName: "Wedding_Dress"	Name: "Wedding Dress"	Type: 5	Buy: 43000	Weight: 500	Job: 0xFFFFFFFE	Rank: 16	OnEquipScript: <" sc_start SC_WEDDING,-1,0; ">	OnUnequipScript: <" sc_end SC_WEDDING; ">},*//*{	Id: 7170	AegisName: "Tuxedo"	Name: "Tuxedo"	Type: 5	Buy: 43000	Weight: 10	Job: 0xFFFFFFFE	Gender: 1	Rank: 16	OnEquipScript: <" sc_start SC_WEDDING,-1,0; ">	OnUnequipScript: <" sc_end SC_WEDDING; ">},*/

and remove those "*" and "*/" from the following.

how can I change the items that are in the cash shop? 

Do you mean the cash shop that is accessed via the button on top right, for that you have to edit db/cashshop_db.conf

For getting cashpoints, you can get it by command

@cash Amount 

Okay so the wedding stuff worked fine!, as for the @cash command it adds to the cash that you already have is there a way to set the cash? like @setcash or something? 

How can I add the kafras that most servers have like in prontera and morroc etc? Not the ones that are god knows where, the ones near the warp coordinates of @go 0 and stuff.

How do I use import files so that I don't have to re-do everything when I update.

Finally to get a custom mob to show up I need two files an .act and a .spr file. I was wondering where I should put these ._. [grf]sprites ?

Thanks

Edited by Waker

Bump

Also, how to make that "You're now talking in #map channel for prontera" or something like that go away? #main is usefull and it could show up but I don't want that #map thing showing up everytime I change maps...

Edited by Waker

Why don't you try to use the search function in our forum? some of your question has been answered already..