eKoh

I have a dought with @var .@var

Question

I don't know in what scenarios I am supposed to use these kind of variables.

In script_commands.txt I get this:

@ <- A temporary variable attached to the character.

so if I do

set @newtag,1;

The player will have that tag, right?

And also How temporary is the variable?

.@ <- A scope variable.

I just don't understand the description. I have read it like 10 times...

Is this variable attached to the player and also the Npc? If so, which scenarios I would use a .@variable?

6 answers to this question

Sorry for my noobness, how do I put code box here?:S

There's button before Quote, to put a codebox

end; //<- Also I don't know if I have to put end; instruction, because I already have a close; above. Do I? 

Nope, you are not required to put end; after close; since close will stop the script execution.

About Back, Something Like THis:

L_SomeLabel:mes "What you want to do";switch ( select ("Thing 1:Thing 2")){	case 1:		mes "You selected thing 1";		next;		mes "What you want to do?";		switch ( select ("Thing 3:Back")){			case 1:				mes "You selected thing 3";				close;			case 2:								next;				goto L_SomeLabel;				end;		}		 	case 2:		mes "You selectend thing 2";		close;} 

prontera,150,150,5    script    TempSet    999,{@var = 1;.@var = 1;mes "Value has been Set";close;}prontera,148,148,5    script    TempGet    999,{mes ".@var:"+.@var;mes "@var:"+@var;close;}

Above is example.

@var will be set till the character logs off(as said temporary)

.@var is set until the script execution,(i.e for that instance), that is if the script execution is stopped, .@var will be set to 0 again.

If you click on TempSet First(NPC Above), it will set both vars to 1.

then Click on TempGet, it will show @var as 1 and not .@var, since its new script been executed.

Oh I see, thank you man, your explanation was so easy to understand.

But I have another dought, currently I am working on a script, and I want to make a "Back" option like:

mes "What you want to do";switch ( select ("Thing 1:Thing 2")){  case 1:  mes "You selected thing 1";  next;    mes "What you want to do?";    switch ( select ("Thing 3:Back")){	   case 1:	    mes "You selected thing 3";	    close;	    end; //<- Also I don't know if I have to put end; instruction, because I already have a close; above. Do I?	    case 2:		 "Go back instruction" // Is there an instruction that makes this??		 end;end; case 2: mes "You selectend thing 2"; close; end;} 

Sorry for my noobness, how do I put code box here?:S

Edited by Dastgir
codebox

Ohh, thank you man. And I will test that Label function to make it work, I really appreciate all your help.

Update.

It works!! thank you a lot ;D! the sample:

mes ""+.npc$+"";			mes "Ok, so ^0000FFautoloot^000000 it is";			mes "Please input the ^0000FF%^000000 you want";			goto L_Alootrate;			L_Alootrate:				input #alootrate;					mes "Great so is ^FF0000"+#alootrate+"%^000000 is fine?";					if ( select("Yes:No") == 1 ){						mes "There you go!";						atcommand "@autoloot "+#alootrate+"";						close;					}	else goto L_Alootrate;
Edited by eKoh

mes ""+.npc$+"";			mes "Ok, so ^0000FFautoloot^000000 it is";			mes "Please input the ^0000FF%^000000 you want";			L_Alootrate:				input #alootrate;					mes "Great so is ^FF0000"+#alootrate+"%^000000 is fine?";					if ( select("Yes:No") == 1 ){						mes "There you go!";						atcommand "@autoloot "+#alootrate+"";						close;					}	else goto L_Alootrate;

you don't need "goto L_Alootrate;" before the label, since the script is not ending there, even if (AnyLabel:) is found, it continues to execute.

the script ends if there's "close;" "close2;" or "end;" function.