Neferupitou

Disconnected from Server on Character Select

Question

Hi Guys, i'm Brazilian, so... sorry for te horrible english.

I created a server, and i had to confront wich n errors.

Now, i had this error:

I do logon, select the server, click to make a new character, give you name, but when i click to create, i are disconnected from server, and on login-server i had this error:

[status]: Request for connection of Teste (ip: xxx.xxx.xx.xx).
[Notice]: Authentication accepted (account: Teste, id: 2000000, ip: xxx.xxx.xx.xx)
[Debug]: at loginlog_sql.c:76 - INSERT INTO `loginlog`(`time`,`ip`,`user`,`rcode`,`log`) VALUES (NOW(), 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx', 'Teste', '100', 'login ok')
[status]: Connection of the account 'Teste' accepted.
[info]: Closed connection from 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx'.

The server are renewal, and the Hexed version are 2010-07-30

8 answers to this question

As I told you on your Portuguese section post, I think you haven't uncommented and set your map_ip and char_ip to your server's WAN IP:

master/conf/map-server.conf

// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.//char_ip: 127.0.0.1// The map server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.//map_ip: 127.0.0.1// Map Server Portmap_port: 5121

Change to:

// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.char_ip: <YOUR WAN IP>// The map server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: <YOUR WAN IP>// Map Server Portmap_port: 5121

And same in /conf/char-server.conf:

// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.//login_ip: 127.0.0.1// The character server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Login Server Portlogin_port: 6900// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.//char_ip: 127.0.0.1// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121

Change to:

// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.login_ip: <YOUR WAN IP>// The character server listens on the interface with this IP address.// NOTE: This allows you to run multiple servers on multiple interfaces// while using the same ports for each server.//bind_ip: 127.0.0.1// Login Server Portlogin_port: 6900// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: <YOUR WAN IP>// Character Server Portchar_port: 6121

I saw your suggestion, but... The host i hired told me that any change on char-server.conf, map-server.conf and login-server.conf will be ignored for the execution of emulator.

The server are online, i can connect, choice the server and even try to create a new character, but when i end the creation, i are disconnected.

The Controlpanel of server are online. Login, Map and Char server.

Then try asking your server host. A friend of mine which was using a RO host had the same problem and only could get it solved via her hosting support...

i see... A thousand friends told me the same thing...

But when i ask on support, a few days ago, they say the problem are on emulator. 

Anyway, thanks for the support. If the problem is resolved by host server, I will inform here.