Sign in to follow this  
Zirius

[HOWTO] Lock certain Base Level ? Until you talk to a certain NPC?

Question

Hello! I would like to know if this is possible: Have an option to lock certain base level, and unlock them through NPC talks

Say, I want to lock level 80, 90 & 99.

Once my character reach lvl 79, I won't be able to reach lvl 80 whatever experience gaining stuff I do.

I would only reach level 80 when I talk to certain NPC, say quest NPC.

Then so on for lvl 89, and lvl 98.

Hope somebody can tell me if this is possible or give me a lead how can I make this possible? (exp table? etc)

Because I remember on good old Darkweiss servers. once you reach lvl 99, you will just have to talk to a custom NPC to make you lvl 100, remember those? LOL.

Thanks!

Edited by Zirius

4 answers to this question

Because I remember on good old Darkweiss servers. once you reach lvl 99, you will just have to talk to a custom NPC to make you lvl 100, remember those? LOL.

I remember that also.

I remember that also.

Yeah right? I believe Darkweiss is an inspiration to every ragnarok private server makers. haha.

About your question, you need a src stuff to make it work, like in script.c.

I'm thinking of making the max level at "say base level 79" @  confbattleclient.conf and since my source srcmapmap.h still says that my max lvl is 99 I should be fine I think? then just make an NPC that makes blevel of the char more than the one I defined at client.conf , my problem is how can I do that on the next level lock, in my scenario lvl 89?

Don't know, will try that if have more time. For now, just waiting for more experience core developer on their insight about this, so I can save more time testing. LOL.

Thanks btw.