Sign in to follow this  
braindevel

[FORUM] IP.Nexus / IP.Downloads

Hiya guys,

Well, it's just a question, so please, take it easy.

What is the chance of Hercules have an area on IP.Downloads to upload paid files?

I don't know if I support this :/ considering this software is open source and free, to allow users to upload paid files to our forums would go against our own license in a sense imo. I'd say if you are making things like sprites, textures, etc and want to charge people for them, you should make your own website, with your own payment gateway and such and just link to it. I dunno. That's just my opinion though. I believe in things being shared for free (when it comes to sprites, scripts, textures, etc) out of the passion for wanting to contribute to the community, like how things were in the past. Too many people trying to profit off this community now a days.

Hiya guys,

Well, it's just a question, so please, take it easy.

What is the chance of Hercules have an area on IP.Downloads to upload paid files?

I don't know if I support this :/ considering this software is open source and free, to allow users to upload paid files to our forums would go against our own license in a sense imo. I'd say if you are making things like sprites, textures, etc and want to charge people for them, you should make your own website, with your own payment gateway and such and just link to it. I dunno. That's just my opinion though. I believe in things being shared for free (when it comes to sprites, scripts, textures, etc) out of the passion for wanting to contribute to the community, like how things were in the past. Too many people trying to profit off this community now a days.

I would have to agree. Nevertheless, Ind never wanted this in the first place, thus it never came to Hercules. Don't forget also, if setup as well, the hoster (i.e. Administrator of the site) takes partial payment which then is used towards supporting the domain and hosting costs, etc. However, we don't have to worry about that over here.

Edit:

Since this isn't really a suggestion proposal... more like an inquiry... it'd be safe to move this to General Discussion.

Edited by Mysterious