ni09ne

Disconnected from the server when clicking NPC

Question

im using 20130807 client..the problem is everytime i click an npc..and i buy or sell or either cancel it..i will be disconnected from the server..and only me..there's no error msg on the server..please help

6 answers to this question

Are you using the same client that players are using? If other players aren't having issues and only you are then I'd recommend making sure your client matches the production client that players are using. Never use a development client when connecting to your production server. If you use a different client for debugging / GM then only use that one for local development.

If other players are getting the same issue than check PACKETVER in mmo.h make sure it's set to the correct date as your client.

If you're using the Packet Encryption diff in your client make sure packet_obfuscation is set to 2 in packet_obfuscation.

if its on the PACKETVER issue, then why only me?other players are not experiencing the problem that im having when i buy or sell on the npc?is it on my client side?

Whops, then it's actually a client side one.

Try with a fresh client and then apply server's patch?

P.S.: Moving back, sorry.

im using 20130807 client..the problem is everytime i click an npc..and i buy or sell or either cancel it..i will be disconnected from the server..and only me..there's no error msg on the server..please help

Happened to me long ago, when I diffed with 'Extend NPC Dialog Box' patch. So if theres no error on map-server (as you mentioned), just make sure you havent tick Extend Npc Dialog Box diff.

Are you using the same client that players are using? If other players aren't having issues and only you are then I'd recommend making sure your client matches the production client that players are using. Never use a development client when connecting to your production server. If you use a different client for debugging / GM then only use that one for local development.

If other players are getting the same issue than check PACKETVER in mmo.h make sure it's set to the correct date as your client.

If you're using the Packet Encryption diff in your client make sure packet_obfuscation is set to 2 in packet_obfuscation.

it started when i use my GM admin account on that client..before i dont have this issue..can you please tell me what can i do?do i need to install a fresh copy of my client?

Edited by ni09ne