Sign in to follow this  
erijhon

unitwalk is not working

Question

Hi everybody!

I have a doubt. I'm testing a summoner NPC that is meant to summon and send some monsters or clones to an specific cell.

Let me say, first, that I have been searching for a long while about this, and tried all the answers I found, but none of them worked.

Let's see if you can help me, guys.

Well, I use this scripting manual to check how commands and functions work.

As far as I know, this is the Hercules official manual, isn't it?

Let me show you the examples this manual gives about:

A.) Summoning a Poring and saving its GID in an NPC temporary variable (.@mobGID).

// We'll make a poring which will automatically attack invoking player:.@mobGID = monster "Prontera",150,150,"Poring",PORING,1; // PORING is defined in the mob db and its value is 1002unitattack .@mobGID, getcharid(3); // Attacker GID, attacked GID 

B.) Making the saved GID monster (in .GID NPC variable) walk to an specific cell.

//Will move/walk the poring we made to the coordinates 150,150unitwalk .GID,150,150;

So, I asumed that using .@mobGID and .GID variables in my script would result the same, as you will figure out now that I'm posting my script:

prontera,147,173,6    script    Medium    4_F_MOCBOY,{.@GID = monster ("prontera",139,165,"Walking Poring",PORING,1);unitwalk .@GID,165,165;end;}

As I am creating the poring and then telling it the cell it has to go, in the same row, I don't need to use a permanent NPC variable. So I used .@GID NPC temporary variable to store the poring GID and did the same as the manual examples say that is meant to work.

Then, I loaded my script, I talked to the "Medium" NPC in Prontera, the "Walking Poring" was summoned, but it was not going to the "x:165 y:165" specified in the script.

Why? Is there something missing?

I thought that maybe the time between the "Walking Poring" is summoned and the "unitwalk" command is called was very short so I also tried the following code:

prontera,147,173,6    script    Medium    4_F_MOCBOY,{.@GID = monster ("prontera",139,165,"Walking Poring",PORING,1);sleep 5000;unitwalk .@GID,165,165;end;}

Nothing changed.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!!

Edited by erijhon

1 answer to this question

Ok... I found it out by myself...

There's a MAX range of cells that if you go over it, the script will fail.

Also, you can't go over obstacles or walls, even if they are in sight.

I tried this and the poring walks a perfect square:

prontera,147,173,6    script    Medium    4_F_MOCBOY,{.@GID = monster ("prontera",148,172,"Walking Poring",PORING,1);unitwalk .@GID,158,172;sleep 4000;unitstop .@GID;sleep 1000;unitwalk .@GID,158,182;sleep 4000;unitstop .@GID;sleep 1000;unitwalk .@GID,148,182;sleep 4000;unitstop .@GID;sleep 1000;unitwalk .@GID,148,172;end;

Thanks anyways for your attention, the ones who read this.

Edited by erijhon