Sign in to follow this  
Zirius

attachrid killedrid on AnnieRuru's PVP Ladder conflict on Summoned Plants

Question

Hello! I am using Annie Ruru's PVP Ladder script,

I found out that when players got killed by a summon plant (Bio Cannibalize by Alchemist), the point goes to the dead players instead of the killer.

Then, I realized that the NPC says:

A player killed by monsters, homunculus or pets will not add the kills or deaths count.

I tried looking at the script and found NO snippet that restricts kills to only Players. (actually, I wish the script also counts the kills from the homun, summoned units, mercenary)

SO, the only thing that is suspicious to me is "attachrid killedrid"

when a player got killed by the summoned flora, the script successfully displays the character name of the flora owner, BUT, I am wondering why does it increase the points for the KILLED player rather than the KILLER.

is this "attachrid killedrid" bug or the script has something I overlooked?

3 answers to this question

oh yea ...

when I scripted that on year 2008, it wasn't behave like this yet

now I just remember at one time, monsters/homun/pet (mercenary wasn't even introduced) are now attached to the master that did the kills

means, last time homunculus were counted separately, wasn't attached to the script

but now, if homunculus made a kill, the master (alchemist) will be attached to the script instead

I think this was changed around 2009 or 2010 I couldn't remember well

that info already outdated, should be change into

if the player was killed by a pet/homun/monster/mercenary having a master as a player, the dead player will be added a dead count, and killer will be added a kill streak.it only not counted if the monster not having master at all, or having monster as a master (such as MVP)
something like this

.... read post below ...

Edited by AnnieRuru

oh yea ...

when I scripted that on year 2008, it wasn't behave like this yet

now I just remember at one time, monsters/homun/pet (mercenary wasn't even introduced) are now attached to the master that did the kills

means, last time homunculus were counted separately, wasn't attached to the script

but now, if homunculus made a kill, the master (alchemist) will be attached to the script instead

I think this was changed around 2009 or 2010 I couldn't remember well

that info already outdated, should be change into

if the player was killed by a pet/homun/monster/mercenary having a master as a player, the dead player will be added a dead count, and killer will be added a kill streak.it only not counted if the monster not having master at all, or having monster as a master (such as MVP)
something like this

But still mam, the script is not successful at awarding kill to the monster master, and adding death count to the killed player. Actually, on the contrary, the killed players would actually have the point as KILL.

This bug occurs for players got killed by "monsters with master".

omg omg ... I gave wrong info ... sh*t I wish I can abuse my moderation power to delete my previous post .... better not

I remember that skotlex changed what I said above, that OnNPCKillEvent will trigger the monster kill count

so if a monster died, no matter is player/monster/homun/pet/mercernary, OnNPCKillEvent will trigger regardless of who made the kill

BUT ...

OnPCKillEvent hasn't change

herculessrcpc.c

int pc_dead(struct map_session_data *sd,struct block_list *src) {.....	if (src && src->type == BL_PC) {		struct map_session_data *ssd = (struct map_session_data *)src;		pc->setparam(ssd, SP_KILLEDRID, sd->bl.id);		npc->script_event(ssd, NPCE_KILLPC);
when a player has dead, and check if the killer was also a player ...

please disregard my post above

so what you wanted that

(actually, I wish the script also counts the kills from the homun, summoned units, mercenary)

needs to do source modifications