Sign in to follow this  
Zirius

Question about Pull and Commit?

Question

Hello! I wan to keep my Hercules updated, I GIT cloned my local copy last July 23rd and never made any update since then (aside from my personal mods)

So as I always read the recent bugs,pull, and commits, I am wondering how to have them? As I understood it, if a dev creates a source modification, it goes to recent commits.

So, I GIT pull me local copy, but, seems I cannot find those recent commits, does it mean I will have to wait for the "ULTRA MEGA PATCH" to have them?

Sorry, have no idea how GIT works.

3 answers to this question

since you have done some changes you need to commit your changes first before you can pull from the source where you originally cloned your git.

commit = marking changes on your Git

pull = getting updates from the source where you clone your Git. (same like "svn update")

Edited by THPO

On a side note, any update that gets sync'd to our main repo it does not get sync'd to peoples' copies. It'd be up to you to keep your own copy updated.

since you have done some changes you need to commit your changes first before you can pull from the source where you originally cloned your git.

commit = marking changes on your Git

pull = getting updates from the source where you clone your Git. (same like "svn update")

Thanks man!