Sign in to follow this  
Zirius

attachrid killedrid & killerrid assigning temp character variable

Question

Hello! I am trying to code a PVP script and wants to make use of streak counting. Basically, the streak is incremented when you kill a char, and resets to 0 when you got killed. So if I understand correctly, the code should *basically* follows:

OnPCDieEvent:	attachrid killedrid;	set @char,0;  <~~~~ (1)	attachrid killerrid;	set @char,@char+1;  <~~~~ (2)end; 

(1) Does "attachrid killedrid;" means, any character variable declaration will go to the character of killed char?
(2) Does "attachrid killerrid;" means, any character variable declaration will go to the killer?

Because I tried to do the above but I am having undesirable result.

3 answers to this question

yup

this one, when the character died, the streak is reset

as long as the player die, for what ever reason, the streak is reset

-	script	kjdhfkjdshf	-1,{OnPCKillEvent:	if ( killedrid == getcharid(3) ) end;	@streak++;	dispbottom "you killed "+ rid2name( killedrid ) +". streak count "+ @streak;	end;OnPCDieEvent:	@streak = 0;	dispbottom "your current streak count "+ @streak;	end;}

this one, when the character die from player's hand, the streak is reset

die from other means such as suicide, killed by non-human players doesn't count

-	script	skdfjhskdf	-1,{OnPCKillEvent:	if ( killedrid != getcharid(3) ) {		@streak++;		dispbottom "you killed "+ rid2name( killedrid ) +". streak count "+ @streak;	}	attachrid killedrid;	@streak = 0;	dispbottom "your current streak count "+ @streak;	end;}