Sign in to follow this  
Ink

2 Questions regarding some settings

Question

1. I read about the max char slots and the reserver char slots system. Where can i find this setting? It's not in mmo.h or am i blind? o,o

2. Where can I restrict the usage of symbols in ingame chat rooms?

Thank you

7 answers to this question

1. It's in mmo.h

//Max number of characters per account. Note that changing this setting alone is not enough if the client is not hexed to support more characters as well.#define MAX_CHARS 9

Thank you, i sas this thread but I thought i there are settings somewhere. Anyways, thank you :D

1. It's in mmo.h

//Max number of characters per account. Note that changing this setting alone is not enough if the client is not hexed to support more characters as well.#define MAX_CHARS 9

Yeah I found that but whats about http://herc.ws/board/blog/1/entry-16-reserved-slot-system/

:|

I think it's all in that topic you pointed to itself, no? Check your SQL DB for Hercules, table named `login`, and you'll see a column named `character_slots`. If you leave it at 0 all slots are available to characters, if you pass it number between (and including) 1 and MAX_CHARS, people will see "reserved for VIP slots" instead of normal one. At least that's how I understood it without checking it out.

Ahh, makes sense. But then, how do i set the usergroup which has access to this reserved slots?

edit: and before i forget. I couldnt find any guide how to hex a Client for more character slots. Can anyone provide me a guide or informations about it?

Edited by Medusalem

Ahh, makes sense. But then, how do i set the usergroup which has access to this reserved slots?

edit: and before i forget. I couldnt find any guide how to hex a Client for more character slots. Can anyone provide me a guide or informations about it?

seems like everything now is server sided, no need to apply any additional diff for it but I may be wrong =P

seems like everything now is server sided, no need to apply any additional diff for it but I may be wrong =P

Mhhh i need to test that then. Still i can't find where i can set the usergroup which has access to the additional slots q.q