Sign in to follow this  
Aeromesi

RO2 GOTW: Revival Project (Bringing back the first RO2)

4ee993e3ec.jpg
Hey Hercules. I'm working on getting this project back up and alive at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/712193165518077/

We were able to get a version of Ragnarok 2 gate of the world up and running, but there's no mob DB, quest DB, just monsters that don't attack, and monsters that attack randomly, job changing worked, a lot of stuff worked, but a lot didn't, so we decided to work on the release from https://github.com/Willyham/SagaRO2. Compiled, set it up, and ran into some problems. Whenever trying to login, we got disconnected, with a packet error, the client sends an unknown packet to the server, 0x7715

We figured out that 7751 have 2 byte + 4 byte = 6 byte. We ran the test with this code:

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Text; using SagaLib; namespace SagaLogin.Packets.Client{    public class UnknownPacket : Packet    {        public UnknownPacket() //Packet 0x7715        {            this.size = 6;            this.offset = 4;        }//What this packet do? [DanielArt]    }}

Now the server receives the packet, the console says nothing about the unknown packet, the game doesn't close out or anything, it just gets stuck at "Connecting to server"Now if anyone wants to help us in this project, personally message me, we need experienced C# Programmers, the only way to get around this is either:
1) Add the packet
2) Find a download for kRO2 v101 (EuphRO2 used this, if I still had EuphRO2 I wouldn't be posting right now).

And here's some nice screenshots ;)
75606d2b17.jpg

41a763a175.jpg

e416dce882.jpg

Edited by Aeromesi
Corrected github link

Just a fair warning. It's going to take a lot of work to get anyhting to an actually playable level. You will not be able to add new content to the game outside of what is in the beta files, and you will never have PVP or Guilds. The official client is just too incomplete and inflexable to mod.

Good luck to you.

Legally, no, but even if you did, it takes more than the server to get things like PVP to work. The actual limitation is the client not the server. You could just as easily put a packet into saga, but you're not likely going to be able to bypass hackshield, and the custom version of thermidia in the official client. We have resourses that make it possible to accomplish those things.

I guarentee any "leaked" copy of janus is ancient, and hardly usable. The repository build was never the same as the production server build for just this reason. :)

The NPCs, monsters, and databases were never backed up tot he repository, so it's all old data. In fact, the database tables changed a lot from the load scipt in the repository.

I'd be curious to know where you found it.

Edited by reddozen

Reddozen PM me for that information. What you were talking about was so true, so I can't argue, maybe a dream to come true but a false hope for the first RO2 sadly. :/

Edited by Aeromesi

lol no please.. stop... let it die already lol.

Sorry, but any of us devs from Janus would never leak the source :P and if any did, like Reddozen said, it would be a really old version of Janus. No where near what the current repo is at.