Sign in to follow this  
Litro

Magic Damage Calc

Question

I have server with level 250/120 & allskills commands (comparing it to 3ceam)magic damage feel unbalanced or have high output damage, i have disabled entire renewal feature, i have compared 3ceam & hercules battle.c but i can't figured it yet, have any one know what make it so high or how the magic calc do it value..

Edited by Litro

2 answers to this question

Try to go with:

struct Damage battle_calc_magic_attack(struct block_list *src,struct block_list *target,uint16 skill_id,uint16 skill_lv,int mflag) {...}

Try to go with:

struct Damage battle_calc_magic_attack(struct block_list *src,struct block_list *target,uint16 skill_id,uint16 skill_lv,int mflag) {...}

i was have looked into it and there is something bother me, as in 3CeAM setting there is this setting on battle/skill.conf

// Set this to the max base level that you would like skills to add extra bonus damage from. // [Pinky] // NOTE: Default level is 150, if you set this to a higher level then you will experience higher/overload damage from many 3rd class skills.// NOTE2: If you set this to a lower level then 100 all skills will suffer penalties higer than 100%, causing damages below the minimun damage.max_highlvl_nerf: 150// Set this to the max job level that you would like 3rd class skills to add extra bonus damage from. // [Pinky] // NOTE: Default 3rd class job_level is 50 (official servers), if you set this to a higher level depending on your server's 3rd classes max job level, then you might experience higher/overload damage/effects from 3rd class skills.// This setting only effects 3rd class skills that uses job level as a bonus multiplicator.// 0 = disabledmax_joblvl_nerf: 50

and in battle.c on 3CeAM on battle_calc_magic

s_level = status_get_lv(src);	if( skill_num >= RK_ENCHANTBLADE && skill_num <= LG_OVERBRAND_PLUSATK &&		battle_config.max_highlvl_nerf && s_level > battle_config.max_highlvl_nerf )		s_level = battle_config.max_highlvl_nerf;			// Max Job Level bonus that skills should receive. Acording to battle_config.max_joblvl_nerf [Pinky]	if( sd && battle_config.max_joblvl_nerf)		s_job_level = min(sd->status.job_level,battle_config.max_joblvl_nerf);	else if ( sd )		s_job_level = sd->status.job_level;

from my understanding, s_level and s_job_level only used on some skill as bonus and it were fall to skillration bonus, as per hercules it was same as RENEWAL_LVDMG right ?

and the las part of my suspicious code it fall on damage reduction since hercules code was moved in some palace not on same parent on battle_calc_magic and some other code to go on the palace like

ad.damage = battle->calc_cardfix(BF_MAGIC, src, target, nk, s_ele, 0, ad.damage, 0, ad.flag);ad.damage = battle->calc_defense(BF_MAGIC, src, target, skill_id, skill_lv, ad.damage, (flag.imdef?1:0), 0);ad.damage=battle->attr_fix(src, target, ad.damage, s_ele, tstatus->def_ele, tstatus->ele_lv);

on 3CeAM the code was in battle_calc_magic

if (sd && !(nk&NK_NO_CARDFIX_ATK)) {			short t_class = status_get_class(target);			short cardfix=1000;			cardfix=cardfix*(100+sd->magic_addrace[tstatus->race])/100;			if (!(nk&NK_NO_ELEFIX))				cardfix=cardfix*(100+sd->magic_addele[tstatus->def_ele])/100;			cardfix=cardfix*(100+sd->magic_addsize[tstatus->size])/100;			cardfix=cardfix*(100+sd->magic_addrace[is_boss(target)?RC_BOSS:RC_NONBOSS])/100;			for(i=0; i< ARRAYLENGTH(sd->add_mdmg) && sd->add_mdmg[i].rate;i++) {				if(sd->add_mdmg[i].class_ == t_class) {					cardfix=cardfix*(100+sd->add_mdmg[i].rate)/100;					continue;				}			}			if (cardfix != 1000)				MATK_RATE(cardfix/10);		}		if( tsd && !(nk&NK_NO_CARDFIX_DEF) )	  	{ // Target cards.			short s_race2 = status_get_race2(src);			short s_class= status_get_class(src);			int cardfix=1000;			if (!(nk&NK_NO_ELEFIX))			{				int ele_fix = tsd->subele[s_ele];				for (i = 0; ARRAYLENGTH(tsd->subele2) > i && tsd->subele2[i].rate != 0; i++)				{					if(tsd->subele2[i].ele != s_ele) continue;					if(!(tsd->subele2[i].flag&ad.flag&BF_WEAPONMASK &&						 tsd->subele2[i].flag&ad.flag&BF_RANGEMASK &&						 tsd->subele2[i].flag&ad.flag&BF_SKILLMASK))						continue;					ele_fix += tsd->subele2[i].rate;				}				cardfix=cardfix*(100-ele_fix)/100;			}			cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->subsize[sstatus->size])/100;			cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->subrace2[s_race2])/100;			cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->subrace[sstatus->race])/100;			cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->subrace[is_boss(src)?RC_BOSS:RC_NONBOSS])/100;			if( sstatus->race != RC_DEMIHUMAN )				cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->subrace[RC_NONDEMIHUMAN])/100;			for(i=0; i < ARRAYLENGTH(tsd->add_mdef) && tsd->add_mdef[i].rate;i++) {				if(tsd->add_mdef[i].class_ == s_class) {					cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->add_mdef[i].rate)/100;					break;				}			}			//It was discovered that ranged defense also counts vs magic! [Skotlex]			if (ad.flag&BF_SHORT)				cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->near_attack_def_rate)/100;			else				cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->long_attack_def_rate)/100;			cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->magic_def_rate)/100;			if( tsd->sc.data[SC_MDEF_RATE] )				cardfix=cardfix*(100-tsd->sc.data[SC_MDEF_RATE]->val1)/100;			if (cardfix != 1000)				MATK_RATE(cardfix/10);		}

and the last i test damage with same skill on both emu, there is huge difference on it i will come with ss later, can you kindly recheck it since im not understand it yet, thanks beforehand

Edited by Litro