Sign in to follow this  
dakai

Provoke bug and server logs

Question

Hi guys, I have few doubts this time:

1- Something is happening with the skill provoke, the skill is always failing, don't cares if you are swordman, crusader, knight, lord knight,etc. I tested over all the normal mobs,  even using it at lvl 10 with a lvl 99/70 char over a simple poring is failing, have anyone this issue before?

2- I want to now how I can write the server logs to a file, I'm running a linux machine(ubuntu server 14) and I would like to write the logs to a file like /var/log/hercules.log, is that possible?

Cheers!

2 answers to this question

I can't help you with 1st one without more info (did you alter it? Are you using Hercules? Latest version of it?). But about 2nd one, when you execute map/login/char servers, or all servers at once, use this:

bash map-server.sh(char-server.sh/login-server.sh/athena-start) start > path/to/log.txt 2>&1

For you starting all servers at once with path you provided would look like

bash athena-start start > /var/log/hercules.txt 2>&1

If you want the file not to be restarted every time you restart servers, you can change it into

bash athena-start start >> /var/log/hercules.txt 2>&1

Then it will append the current session to the previous one. But be warned, it can grow way too big if you'll use that.

Edited by Garr

I can't help you with 1st one without more info (did you alter it? Are you using Hercules? Latest version of it?). But about 2nd one, when you execute map/login/char servers, or all servers at once, use this:

bash map-server.sh(char-server.sh/login-server.sh/athena-start) start > path/to/log.txt 2>&1

For you starting all servers at once with path you provided would look like

bash athena-start start > /var/log/hercules.txt 2>&1

If you want the file not to be restarted every time you restart servers, you can change it into

bash athena-start start >> /var/log/hercules.txt 2>&1

Then it will append the current session to the previous one. But be warned, it can grow way too big if you'll use that.

Hi thx for the response, about the provoke issue, yes I'm using hercules, I don't know the specific version, I don't now how to check it, but is a checkout made in may of this year, I haven't made modificacions to it.