OverLord

disable npc error

Question

I'm customizing the apprentice field. I used the following code to disable the NPC that I modified. The NPC who created work and the old are apparently disabled. But is showing this error message when I start the emulator ...
Is there a best mode to do this so as not to appear this message?

- script Disable -1,{
OnInit:
disablenpc "Sprakki#newbe05";
disablenpc "Brade#newbe02";
disablenpc "Brade#newbe04";
disablenpc "Chocolat#newbe06";
end;
}

[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Sprakki#newbe05' (fla
g=0).
[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Brade#newbe02' (flag=
0).
[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Brade#newbe04' (flag=
0).
[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Chocolat#newbe06' (fl
ag=0).

3 answers to this question

I'm customizing the apprentice field. I used the following code to disable the NPC that I modified. The NPC who created work and the old are apparently disabled. But is showing this error message when I start the emulator ...
Is there a best mode to do this so as not to appear this message?

- script Disable -1,{
OnInit:
disablenpc "Sprakki#newbe05";
disablenpc "Brade#newbe02";
disablenpc "Brade#newbe04";
disablenpc "Chocolat#newbe06";
end;
}

[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Sprakki#newbe05' (fla
g=0).
[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Brade#newbe02' (flag=
0).
[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Brade#newbe04' (flag=
0).
[Error]: npc_enable: Attempted to hide a non-existing NPC 'Chocolat#newbe06' (fl
ag=0).

According to error those npc's doesn't exist, so just comment those lines(if the npc which contain this contain other useful things), else disable npc.

If the npc's mentioned in error exists, then make sure this npc is loaded at last(after those 4 npc which are going to be disabled)

This does not work. I think the problem is that "after" the original script, has the "duplicate" command. What should try to clone the NPC, which is already disabled and generates this error. For just test the command on a NPC that does not have the "duplicate" and not getting this error.

Sorry bad english....

Edited by OverLord

Make sure that you don't have a "Unique Name" set on those npcs, since if there is one you should refer to them by their unique name, not their display name. (Unique Name is the name which goes after :: in NPC name field at the start of NPC).