Sign in to follow this  
Hyoru

Weapon Recolor

Question

Hello!

Ops, wrong area.. It's not a request. Just need support. Sorry.

I'm having trouble to recolor this Lightsaber:

blue_lightsaber.rar

I followed jTynne's guide: http://herc.ws/board/topic/3842-guide-how-to-recolor-sprites-by-eiphes/

and when I imput the .bmp into the Actor the lighsaber is still blue (I'm using photoshop cs 5)

When I edit with paint the actor shows this:

23bb498f14cb59e92c0fef61895a81ada9cdbfa9.jpg

Please help!

Thank you.

Edited by Hyoru

5 answers to this question

I followed jTynne's guide: http://herc.ws/board/topic/3842-guide-how-to-recolor-sprites-by-eiphes/

and when I imput the .bmp into the Actor the lighsaber is still blue (I'm using photoshop cs 5)

That may happen because the lightsaber uses two different gradiants to show blue colors. The frames 1-8 uses one gradient while frames 9-14 uses another. I think you are seeing the blue colors in the last one (the attacking animation), the solution of that is recolour those frames individualy.

Another solution is to modify the sprite so all frames uses the same gradient, I would recommend that instead of recolour the frames individually because it woul be easier in the future to make other recolours.

When I edit with paint the actor shows this:

23bb498f14cb59e92c0fef61895a81ada9cdbfa9.jpg

I think you are using paint from Windows 7/8 and that is the cause of the result you have. I don't remember the technical reason of this, but you need to use MS Paint from Windows XP (at least) to save the colours properly.