KohakuSan

Cards prefix/postfix not working properly

Question

I added my custom cards postfix on the item cardpostfixnametable.txt but it's empty(with just some card IDs and no postfix e.g."4007#") and nothing happens ingame when I put my customs list in it then I checked the cardprefixnametable.txt and ALL cards prefix/suffix are in there so my question is how the hell does the client know which is which?

They're both mixed in there but the client works perfectly except with my custom cards, then all of them become prefix like it should be since they're added on the prefix txt but I want some of them as postfix.

I'm using 2012-10-04 client on pre-RE.

6 answers to this question

Umm, just by quick view, I think you add the actual name to the prefix file, but if you want that to be postfix you add its number to postfix file? Like this:

Prefixtable:

20595#Of killing things#

Postfixtable:

20595#
Edited by Garr

There's 2 file prefix and postfix one

Format is

CARDID#Pre/PostFix#

I'm sorry I don't understand what you said I know there are 2 files, the postfix one just doesn't work at all and the file is basically empty while all cards work fine in-game.

And I know about the format, I'm sure it's correctly written since it appears in game it's just appears as prefix instead of postfix.

Here, my files are exactly like these ones:

https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/blob/master/Data/cardpostfixnametable.txt

https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/blob/master/Data/cardprefixnametable.txt

If I add customs to postfix, nothing happens. If I add to prefix they're always prefixes.

Edited by KohakuSan

I still can't figure out what's wrong...

Seems something odd, maybe client check if in prefix table, it starts from "Of xxx" and Adds that to postfix.

Umm, just by quick view, I think you add the actual name to the prefix file, but if you want that to be postfix you add its number to postfix file? Like this:

Prefixtable:

20595#Of killing things#

Postfixtable:

20595#

I can't believe I didn't notice that.

Although it's a quite an unexpected behavior it worked! Thank you.