Sign in to follow this  
Yoh Asakura

[MAP] Remove Shadows

Question

Hi,

I would like to know how can I remove shadows from a map?

I'm trying to remove the shadows from the middle of prontera but no success...I tried using both Browedit....

Anyone knows?

9 answers to this question

You can't do that inside Browedit without recalculating lightmaps. If you have no light then you'll get every single texture black. To avoid that you need to add a lightbulb. Rest is above.

Then again there's another way if you like. Maybe it'll be easier for you that way. Tools -> Lightmap -> Export. Without walls. Save the pictures. Edit the one with 1 in name and remove any shadows you don't like. Then Tools -> Lightmap -> Import.

Remake lightmaps without shadows, but since it's an official map you'll have to add sun lightbulb to prontera beforehand :3

Remake lightmaps without shadows, but since it's an official map you'll have to add sun lightbulb to prontera beforehand :3

Could you exlain me how to do it?

F10 (Light editing mode), ctrl+right click on map, enter to open options, position -2500,10000,-2500 (just incase you'd want to remake shadows later), range 2000000, Light falloff 0, untick cast shadows. Double enter after each value you input. Otherwise the values might not save. After you're done use Generate->Calculate Lightmaps.

Edited by Garr

F10 (Light editing mode), ctrl+right click on map, enter to open options, position -2500,10000,-2500 (just incase you'd want to remake shadows later), range 2000000, Light falloff 0, untick cast shadows. Double enter after each value you input. Otherwise the values might not save. After you're done use Generate->Calculate Lightmaps.

Which version of browedit?

Didin't get anything of what you said....I'm using the old version of browedit because the new one when I clik F10 nothing happens.

After I click on generate > calcule lightmaps my prontera stays all black.

Edited by Yoh Asakura

I'm using Browedit rev.586 and Browedit rev. 620, both of those have F1-F11 binded to some edit mode, like F5 is Object editing mode. You can check current mode in the upper right corner of Browedit window. If those binding are not working for you you can change edit mode in Edit Mode -> Lights Edit.

ETA: Also, i forgot, in light options set intensity to 256, or the light will be grayish. You can play with the option until you get the lighting you like.

Edited by Garr

I'm using Browedit rev.586 and Browedit rev. 620, both of those have F1-F11 binded to some edit mode, like F5 is Object editing mode. You can check current mode in the upper right corner of Browedit window. If those binding are not working for you you can change edit mode in Edit Mode -> Lights Edit.

ETA: Also, i forgot, in light options set intensity to 256, or the light will be grayish. You can play with the option until you get the lighting you like.

But I just want to remove the shadows from the middle of prontera.