Amit

How to get players for new server?

Hello,

I would like to know What are the possible ways to get new players to your server??

Now, listing in game sites, RMS, eAthena, rAthena, Hercules may be an option, but with loads of servers out there, are there any other alternatives??

I have been looking for options all over and not even landing anywhere. I am pretty much confused with this. I fear advertising in search engines would only cause much harm then doing any help. As such This topic will not only help me, I am so sure that it ill also help others like me

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Quoting Yommy's post

What will attract mostly (Current) players of Ragnarok as well as new players to a RO server?

easy, setup a really shit server and have no clue about what you are doing, then you are destined for 2000 players.
but be careful, any kind of professionalism in your setup, you are lucky to get 200 players

good luck  :)

source What kind of RO interests the Ragnarok community?

I am pretty much confused here... What do you mean by shit server?? I have the server setup for 100 players max at this instance and pretty much concerned of how about to go....

I am pretty much confused here... What do you mean by shit server?? I have the server setup for 100 players max at this instance and pretty much concerned of how about to go....

Shit server means a Really shitty server :P, well the quote just says that, the servers which were planned and executed well, dont succeed, many players just want to have op equips.

(Just a note, one cannot determine max number of players on vps/Ds or whatever, since it really depends on player connection too)

How?

(1) Socialize. Use social media. It's a good start (ex. Create your page, twitter/insta account, and try to post at least once per day)

(2) Advertise. There are lots of top sites where you can advertise for free. (ex. voting sites)

(3) Paid advertising. If you are confident enough about your server, and you have the budget to do it. Do not hesitate. (ex. listing on top of voting sites, premium banners, facebook ads works too)

(4) Review sites. You can use RMS or sites alike. But here's the thing, don't focus on getting good reviews, if you know your server is good, then you'll get those reviews. Focus on getting lots of traffic, your goal is to let everyone know about your server. This will eventually lead to these players trying your server.

(5) Active forums, and again pages/social sites. If people see how active you are, they'll come to you. :)

Now the next thing you need to know is how to maintain them, how to make them stay. Because a hundred people who join and just left is the same as nothing. 

Edited by Kong