LatSo

Diffing client

Question

Can someone help me diff a client? I mean what to check and so on.

I already successfully diffed a client a week ago and then released my server, client 100% working.

Then I try to diff another client ( 2013 ones ) and when I try to log in, an error occurs saying your client stopped working. ( error occurs when I enter my account in the log in interferance ) So I think maybe the client is not compatible in my data, I tried getting the latest data still error. Out of curiosity I tried diffing the same client date I diffed before so i diffed again same client but now there's an error. I tried running my old client ( the one I released on my server ) and it is running smoothly with no error. So now I think the problem is I misclicked something in the WeeDiffGenerator.

Please help me, I wanna use ragexe client but can't successfully diff one.

5 answers to this question

2013 is not that kind of stable. better to stick to old stable one. some of the features of 2013 client is not working at all. the purpose of 2013 as of now is for testing purpose. if you want a stable client a server better to stick to 2012 clients. more stable

if you diff client use WeeDiffGenerator for 2012 client. for 2013 use xDiffPatcher

I use WeeDiff on the 2012 ragexe client. I tried diffing 20120410 , 20120418 I got error after I enter my account. My working client is 20120410 ( ragexeRE ) then I try to diff another 20120410( ragexeRE ) now I got error when I enter the account. So maybe I've misclicked something, I tried unchecking some patch but nothing happens.

Did you remember to change these settings in /src/common/mmo.h?

#ifndef PACKETVER#define PACKETVER 20120418#endif// Comment the following line if your client is NOT ragexeRE (required because of conflicting packets in ragexe vs ragexeRE).#define PACKETVER_RE

Remember you should set PACKETVER to the aaaammdd date of your client and comment (put a // before any text) the line which defines PACKETVER_RE if you're not using ragexeRE clients. Then you have to recompile for this changes to take effect.

I'll check it, maybe I did forget about the PACKETVER_RE. thanks for that wonderful insight jaBote!

will update later!

Did you remember to change these settings in /src/common/mmo.h?

#ifndef PACKETVER#define PACKETVER 20120418#endif// Comment the following line if your client is NOT ragexeRE (required because of conflicting packets in ragexe vs ragexeRE).#define PACKETVER_RE

Remember you should set PACKETVER to the aaaammdd date of your client and comment (put a // before any text) the line which defines PACKETVER_RE if you're not using ragexeRE clients. Then you have to recompile for this changes to take effect.

Nothing happens, I think it's diffing issue?