Sign in to follow this  
DefyDestiny

Client setup not going well...

Question

Hey people!

Currently I'm trying to setup a test server to allow us to test equips etc.

Currently I have the server up fully running (No SQL errors, compiled, no missing tables)

However the client is difficult to fix...I'm using this tutorial

http://herc.ws/board/topic/8894-guide-setting-up-2013-client-for-hercules/

And when I reach these stages

• [*]Click "Select Recomended" button (Its checked all basic diffs for you) [*]Checked "Load Custom lua file instead of iteminfo.lub" Patch, and fill it with "itemInfo.lua" [*]Then apply selected (Default result will like this : yyyy-mm-ddbRagexe_patched.exe) [*]Move your patched.exe to your Ragnarok folder.

NEMO just simply won't let me patch them. When they're patched without the lub, they connect to what I think is the official korean server instead of my server.

I used the LocalRO.exe supplied for 201305(?) and it appears to let me connect until I reach the Server select screen. After selecting, the server disconnects me and the client times out.

Any help on this is appreciated!

Edit:

About done for today but here's what I've done since the post

- Used NEMO on 20140205 as someone here said http://herc.ws/board/topic/6940-looking-for-20140416-client-full-ragexe-and-xdiff/

- Tried running it

- Still connected to the official korean servers

Edit 2:

- Added clientinfo.xml to my client folder, can now connect but getting this issue http://prntscr.com/6t45ms

Basically that but with different client. ^^^

Edited by DefyDestiny

4 answers to this question

Try to configure conf/subnet.conf if you're loading from the same PC that runs the server.

Running it off a VM. Bridged networking so it has it's own internal IP assigned from the router.

Tested with this solution http://herc.ws/board/topic/4892-failed-to-connect-to-server/

Still not working...anyone have a solution? :<

I've also fixed an SQL table as it spat out an error once in awhile.

If you check your login server log, you see that you are indeed connecting, and login server closes the connection and passes you over to char server. Now that you can't connect further means that it passes you either wrong, or unaccessible IP for char server. That is configured in conf/char-server.conf:

// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: IP address or DNS here

Also, why I adviced to configure conf/subnet.conf is because sometimes (like in my case) you may have no access to server if you use outer IP/DNS, thus it helps to use local IPs for same subnet. So in short, your client seems aight, but you missed a turn during configuring the server itself. Also, be sure that char_ip is NOT assigned to 127.0.0.1/localhost, or the PC will try to connect to itself looking for char server after getting login accepted.

If you check your login server log, you see that you are indeed connecting, and login server closes the connection and passes you over to char server. Now that you can't connect further means that it passes you either wrong, or unaccessible IP for char server. That is configured in conf/char-server.conf:

// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: IP address or DNS here

Also, why I adviced to configure conf/subnet.conf is because sometimes (like in my case) you may have no access to server if you use outer IP/DNS, thus it helps to use local IPs for same subnet. So in short, your client seems aight, but you missed a turn during configuring the server itself. Also, be sure that char_ip is NOT assigned to 127.0.0.1/localhost, or the PC will try to connect to itself looking for char server after getting login accepted.

I've changed that value around multiple times; I changed it to my external IP to check (Loopback adapter is running therefore I can afford to do that) and I've used localhost/127.0.0.1. Neither seem to be changing the results.

Okay so it seems to work if I place the client into the same VM as my server...I can't connect to it from my main desktop however, which proves to be a problem. From what I can see, the PIN authentication won't drop even if I enter in one. Weird stuff so far.

Fixed PIN by restarting client. Everthing is working (In korean, but working). I just need to get it to work for my desktop...problem persists on laptop too as it can connect to the login and char server but it cannot connect to map server.

Edited by DefyDestiny