Sign in to follow this  
Beret

Mapflag system

I suggest a change in the system, could do for mapflags conf, so all would be in the same file, I propose as follows.

mapflags:({    name:"mapflag_name"        maps: {        prontera        geffen        izlude     }        mapflag (gvg)})

the example above all maps will be activated mapflag gvg.

You did not understand my point. It would be another conf is only for mapflas located in npcmapflag.

You can make modifications to the zone system, but I think would get very mixed.

Edited by Beret

I don't really like this idea.

Mapflags are npcs, and are parsed as so. If you change the entire syntax for it, what would become of the existing npcs with the to be old syntax?

For example, if I have a custom npc that disables ice wall skill on a map, it wouldn't work anymore, I'd have to change to the new syntax, which is not good since you had one line "map<tab>mapflag<tab>noicewall" and now you need a few lines.

And maintaining two syntaxes is not good IMO.

It's not so much work to add the npcs custons, unless the server administrator to be lazy. More thanks for leaving your opinion

Doesnt seem really productive and would feel pretty unorganized that way. 

You could end up with Zones having 300 lines if you decide to throw in a bunch of maps, making it really hard to navigate through the file (Its a lot more organized and tidy to have each mapflag on a specific file), unless there'd be a huge cpu/memory reduction in such change (Which wont be), I wouldnt go much with this. 

My opinion on this issue is pretty similar to what mkbu95 and Xgear put forward, in short I don't see / failed to understand the benefit of this