Incentives  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Giving incentives for Votes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Giving incentives for Reviews?

• Yes
    • No

There has been always a debate regarding incentives. There is a lot of strong talk regarding server owners providing incentives for their players when it comes to Voting. This can be in a form of points or items. However, there is no incentives for writing reviews for a server.

I know for a fact that there are servers (typically small ones) that give incentives for their players to write reviews. 

I can see why this may be an issue to write reviews due to the authentication of the reviews if bribed to just write them. In the end of the day, what is the goal? The goal from the voting and reviewing? The end goal is to make your server stand out; by being at the top of the listings. 

So why is it really good to have the one, but not the other? 

Please keep in mind this topic is not for bantering, flaming, harassing, etc. This is just merely an informative topic to gather opinions of server owners, server players, and the community at large.

What I have seen, nobody comes through votes.

5% people comes with reviews

And else comes to play if their friend plays, or is referred by a friend.

Well if they take their time to review. Something should be given in my opinion. Maybe make it so they need to list pros and cons of the server with legitimate information as well as their player name to get the vote points. Otherwise if its like "nice server very nice gm great community" with their player name they would not receive the points. Detailing the pros and cons and their player name would be a sufficient review to give them the points. Glad you made this post because that's how I'll handle my v4p system. Thanks for the idea @@Mysterious :)

Well if they take their time to review. Something should be given in my opinion. Maybe make it so they need to list pros and cons of the server with legitimate information as well as their player name to get the vote points. Otherwise if its like "nice server very nice gm great community" with their player name they would not receive the points. Detailing the pros and cons and their player name would be a sufficient review to give them the points. Glad you made this post because that's how I'll handle my v4p system. Thanks for the idea @@Mysterious :)

Yeah. Not just a crappy review about the server. Those who will take their time in reviewing the server will get an incentive. Example, a 500 word essay about pros and cons of the server ? Lol. 

Well the idea too is that, it wouldn't be just for the individual player. Owners can do a wide boost of rates or something for getting 5 extra reviews, etc.