Ehwaz

Help me to connecting my server

Question

My server working perfect with IP: 127.0.0.1

But when i upload to linux vps it got many errors :(

1. Sometime it show: 

[Error]: Can not connect to login-server.[Error]: The server communication passwords (default s1/p1) are probably invalid.[Error]: Also, please make sure your login db has the correct communication username/passwords and the gender of the account is S.[Error]: The communication passwords are set in /conf/map-server.conf and /conf/char-server.conf

i set already my password using md5. But after some restart, it's working fine.

2. map-char-login server is running but I can't logining, i got reject or the map is available :(

4 answers to this question

Try :
Open conf/network.conf 

/* * List here any IP ranges a char- or map-server can connect from. * A wildcard of "0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0" means that server connections are allowed * from ANY IP. (not recommended). */allowed: (	//"0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0", <-- comment	"127.0.0.1:255.0.0.0",	"x.x.x.x:255.0.0.0", // <-- change x to your Lan IP or Char-Server)

or 

/* * List here any IP ranges a char- or map-server can connect from. These ranges * will also be excluded from the automatic ipban in casee of password failure. * Any entry present in this list is also automatically included in the * allowed IP list. * Note: This may be a security threat. Only edit this list if you know what * you are doing. */trusted: (	"127.0.0.1:255.0.0.0",	"x.x.x.x:255.0.0.0",	// x is IP of your Char-Server

@Dev which is much better?

Maybe this issue related to https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/issues/737

The issue is related to #737, indeed.

@@kyeme the difference between allowed and trusted is that the former keeps the ipban/DoS checks enabled for the IPs you add, while the latter disables it. As I mentioned in the comment, adding IPs to 'trusted' can be a security threat, and should never be done if the user isn't sure about what they're doing. Adding IPs to 'allowed' is instead safe and doesn't decrease security compared to what we used to have before this was implemented.

In your code snippets, I see that you're using '255.0.0.0' as subnet mask. That's not recommended (I understand that you saw it in the 127.0.0.1 line above, but that's a special address), because it means you're not only adding one IP, but an entire Class A subnet (all 16 million IPs that begin with the same first byte as yours). If you want to add a single IP, the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.255. If you're adding a LAN, it is 255.255.255.0 in most cases.

Hi there,

Just 2 questions

/* * List here any IP ranges a char- or map-server can connect from. * A wildcard of "0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0" means that server connections are allowed * from ANY IP. (not recommended). */allowed: (	//"0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0", <-- comment	"127.0.0.1:255.0.0.0",	"x.x.x.x:255.0.0.0", // <-- change x to your Lan IP or Char-Server)

Does it have to be the public IP of my dedicated/VPS or internal IP?

And my second question... how do I get that information in console? (I have a Centos 6)

Because in windows, you can get all information of lan by typing "ipconfig" in cmd.

It can be an internal IP, as long as it's the IP the char and map server use to connect to the login and char server respectively (it can even be 127.0.0.1, depending on your configuration).

The UNIX equivalent of the 'ipconfig' command is 'ifconfig' (/sbin/ifconfig on some systems).