Sign in to follow this  
Beret

Renewal Attack

Renewal attack was added just a few days. So I decided to go in will make a comparison.

Attributes: dex +120 and agi  +120

In iro using the items of id:

1743 as refining +0 and 1773.

In iro damage I got

14536 ~ 14687

In hercules using the same items I got the damage:

7484 ~ 7535

Wanted to know if the formula is 100% complete attack ? If the problem is in the def of monsters or if it's in the formula of the skill. Tested using Arrow Storm.
Edited by Beret

Thanks for making comparison..:D

here is the reason why there is some discrepancy on ranged attacks..

@battle.c

/* [malufett]some unknown factors that needs to be discovered. PS: it's something related with ranged attacksif( eatk ){  eatk += unknown value;  eatk = eatk * (unknown value) / 100;}*/

and also there are some hidden updates on skill formulas specially 3rd jobs and may vary from server to server..

:meow:

From my tests on kro & euro-ro (fro which is following iro mechanics) my ranger does 1.1k crit with +8 elven bow with elven arrows and 740~800 with normal shots.

99 AGI

87 DEX

Improve Concentration on

When i added 40% more ranged damage to bow / range autoattacks its the same as on the officials, so the missing value is around 40%

Will try to get some more informations.

BTW, the varience on physical autoattacks seems to be tad too much, on officials my blacksmith deals ~340 to ~350 dmg on porings, on herc i do ~290 to 360, maybe it needs a little tweaking.

From my tests on kro & euro-ro (fro which is following iro mechanics) my ranger does 1.1k crit with +8 elven bow with elven arrows and 740~800 with normal shots.

99 AGI

87 DEX

Improve Concentration on

When i added 40% more ranged damage to bow / range autoattacks its the same as on the officials, so the missing value is around 40%

Will try to get some more informations.

BTW, the varience on physical autoattacks seems to be tad too much, on officials my blacksmith deals ~340 to ~350 dmg on porings, on herc i do ~290 to 360, maybe it needs a little tweaking.

Thank you..

about the variance it is exactly working like official make use of Weapon maximize to see exact result..and by btw official server is using a random ranging from 0 20000 and we are using 0 100 that is why your variance is too consistent and hard to determined which is min and max...

Guest Axiom

Sorta related, but since the RE ATK update, The Wrath/Anger/Hatred skill of Star Gladiators got way overpowered. Anything they set Hatred to would take 20k-50k damage per hit (160 max level, 125 max stat). Is this how it really should be?

Sorta related, but since the RE ATK update, The Wrath/Anger/Hatred skill of Star Gladiators got way overpowered. Anything they set Hatred to would take 20k-50k damage per hit (160 max level, 125 max stat). Is this how it really should be?

Thanks,...I'll check it..

Fixed @ 962d203f95fd8b81d504f60aa28bb17cc268395d

Hi,

I have made some test with long range on iro. And if I use arrow storm with a gigantic bow with lvl 150 I make with stone arrow between 19500 and 22500 dmg but in herc I do 14200 - 21000 (it's aproximative) Can you give us a status on what missing please?

Hi,

I have made some test with long range on iro. And if I use arrow storm with a gigantic bow with lvl 150 I make with stone arrow between 19500 and 22500 dmg but in herc I do 14200 - 21000 (it's aproximative) Can you give us a status on what missing please?

in my observation its like we have min, max damage in herc like in trans days

Hi,

I already fixed range attacks..we already have the same or exactly min and max atk from aegis, iRO or kRO...

what we are missing right now is the damage reductions in skills where it invoke twice officially and I'm looking where it was located and its other factor..

My test was using the last hercules git. And I see that in herc the damage are lower with long range atk than iro. The long range bonus looks to give more in iro too.

Edited by Michieru

My test was using the last hercules git. And I see that in herc the damage are lower with long range atk than iro. The long range bonus looks to give more in iro too.

oh..I forgot you used card(Desert Wolf Card)..and forgot to mention that along with the reduction also with the addition of damage currently is not yet perfect with skills...

The variation of attack is too high in hercules if compared to the official servers.

In hercules for example Arrow Storm I have a variation of 4000 in certain monsters in iro my variation is of 350 that is the variation is about 12x more on hercules
Edited by Beret

variation?min and max?

we have the exact formula in what official used..

its just a matter of random number official uses a wide range number of random from 0 to 20000 whereas we uses 0 to 100 that is why its hard for you to determine max and min..if you  can just use Maximize Power to see result..hehe

Maximise power only show max dmg.

The variation is to high. Just take any skill of any class on offi and try to atk lot of mob. Then do the same in hercules. You will see that you don't make big variation on offi but on hercules you make huge variation.

And I retry the long range dmg and it's lower in hercules than in iRo. And I make less damage full stuff in hercules with long range bonus % than iRo. And spiral pierce not looks to be good too. really low dmg.

Edited by Michieru

Maximise power only show max dmg.

The variation is to high. Just take any skill of any class on offi and try to atk lot of mob. Then do the same in hercules. You will see that you don't make big variation on offi but on hercules you make huge variation.

And I retry the long range dmg and it's lower in hercules than in iRo. And I make less damage full stuff in hercules with long range bonus % than iRo. And spiral pierce not looks to be good too. really low dmg.

well as I said its hard to determined min and max in official unless you will use level 1 weapon where the variances is low..I also do some debugging in aegis as sir Yommy taught me it gave me same result with weapon level 1 to 4 min and max..

if still doubting I'll show you some code of aegis..

if ( rhandpower )  {    v5 = 1;    v6 = CPC::GetITPEquipedWeapon(v4);    if ( v6 )	  v5 = v6->vfptr->GetItemLevel(v6);    if ( bRangeWeapon )// check if weapon is a ranged    {	  v8 = (double)rhandpower;	  v9 = (double)(5 * rhandpower * v5) / 100.0;	  v10 = (double)(rhandpower * (signed int)CPC::GetDexValue(v7));    }    else    {	  v8 = (double)rhandpower;	  v9 = (double)(5 * rhandpower * v5) / 100.0;	  v10 = (double)(rhandpower * (signed int)CPC::GetStrValue(v7));    }    v11 = v10 / 200.0; //str bonus    *(_DWORD *)(v1 + 8) = (signed int)(v8 - v9 + v11);//min damage    *(_DWORD *)(v1 + 12) = (signed int)(v8 + v9 + v11);//max damage  }

same with Hercules

if ( bl->type == BL_PC && watk->atk ){  if ( flag&2 )   dstr = status_get_dex(bl);  else   dstr = status_get_str(bl);   variance = 5.0f * watk->atk *  watk->wlv / 100.0f;  strdex_bonus = watk->atk * dstr / 200.0f;  min = (watk->atk - (int)(variance + strdex_bonus)) + watk->atk2;  max = (watk->atk + (int)(variance + strdex_bonus)) + watk->atk2;}else if( watk->atk ){ 

Trust you but every time I check the difference in official, it's not that big. I have kill more than 200 poring on official and I have 2-3k variance and in herc I have 9-10k variance with only 10poring.

Same stats and weapon. I use gigantic bow (lvl4 weapon) with 120 dex. If you want I can make a little video.

@Michieru

what bow are you using? maybe that is the reason why I can't confirm the problem...then let me investigate...:D

I'm using "giant cross bow" "id:18110" with no refine only the 160atk. Same with "elven bow" "id:1746" no refine.

And with White wing suits I make more damage on iro than hercules.

White wing ids: 2479, 2890, 2580, 15042

Also have problem with spiral pierce. Damage are lower than iRo. Half damage with same spear. I'm using "hunting spear +10" "id: 1422"

Long range looks to have a problem with damage. It's not the same as IRo

Edited by Michieru

I'm using "giant cross bow" "id:18110" with no refine only the 160atk. Same with "elven bow" "id:1746" no refine.

And with White wing suits I make more damage on iro than hercules.

White wing ids: 2479, 2890, 2580, 15042

Also have problem with spiral pierce. Damage are lower than iRo. Half damage with same spear. I'm using "hunting spear +10" "id: 1422"

ah..ok..

BTW spiral pierce is using iRo's suggested formula..anyway I'll update that into official ones..I just need to figure out something about it..:D

After testing last rev and compare with official.

The varience looks different.

And spiral pierce have wrong formula.

But other things looks to works fine. Great job Malu you are the best =)

After testing last rev and compare with official.

The varience looks different.

And spiral pierce have wrong formula.

But other things looks to works fine. Great job Malu you are the best =)

I know now your problem.. it is related to this (Thanks to mofo)

its not about the variance I already check it...its about the card increasing in skills where it was invoke twice..

and I also updated Spiral Peirce it should now work 100% like official..:D