keough

Critical Display

Question

Good Day Hercules!

I would like to ask where can i see the critical display in SRC? i mean the red critical display when attacking? because there is something weird in my server..

my SVN was from the month of JUNE 2015 and there is no CRIT Display on normal monster, but it shows on PVP WOE which means it only appears on players.

and then i downloaded the new SVN this November 11, 2015 with the same client i use 2013-08-07 and then it works.. the CRIT DISPLAY shown on normal monsters.. and then i switch again on my old SVN with the same client..

but the CRIT Display doesn't show up.

What seems to be the problem with this? Please Help me! Thank you in advance!

Edited by keough

25 answers to this question

It's probably not a problem with the client but just the revision you're using, old revisions are always buggy :P

Aeromesi, on 12 Nov 2015 - 07:00, said:

It's probably not a problem with the client but just the revision you're using, old revisions are always buggy :P

yeah but this latest revision is way too advance or so many changes on my server settings.. the only problem in my SVN was the critical display nothing more than that.. is there any way to fix it?

The latest revision db got the new structure display of MOB DB and i also using PRE-RE. while i am using the old one with modified monsters.

Edited by keough

Maybe you have changed this in old revision

Conf/battle/battle.conf

// Who can have critical attacks? (Note 3)// (Note that there are some skills that always do critical hit regardless of this)enable_critical: 17// Critical adjustment rate for non-players (Note 2)mob_critical_rate: 100critical_rate: 100

HI @@keough

Maybe you do some src modifications in your server that affects critical? check your clif.c or mob.c

Hello @@Frost I just tested my old revision with no SRC modification and upon testing i test the two revision on the same client with no src modification. the old revision was from JUNE 2015 and the new one was from now NOVEMBER 2015

btw is it on the clif and mob.c where can i find those? would you like to see the difference?

Edited by keough

ok clear your mind first ...

take a deep breath ...

by default server setting, monster cannot do critical

you can try dastgir said, enable it to let monster do critical

or use my setmobdata patch to make custom monster deal critical

so, tell me

1. when you leave your server as default, do your server monster dealing critical ?

2. when you enable this setting

// Who can have critical attacks? (Note 3)// (Note that there are some skills that always do critical hit regardless of this)enable_critical: 19// Critical adjustment rate for non-players (Note 2)mob_critical_rate: 10000critical_rate: 100
when summon a baphomet, will this mvp deal critical now ?

ok clear your mind first ...

take a deep breath ...

by default server setting, monster cannot do critical

you can try dastgir said, enable it to let monster do critical

or use my setmobdata patch to make custom monster deal critical

so, tell me

1. when you leave your server as default, do your server monster dealing critical ?

2. when you enable this setting

// Who can have critical attacks? (Note 3)// (Note that there are some skills that always do critical hit regardless of this)enable_critical: 19// Critical adjustment rate for non-players (Note 2)mob_critical_rate: 10000critical_rate: 100
when summon a baphomet, will this mvp deal critical now ?

@@AnnieRuru

Hello, sorry maybe i mis understood everyone on my post, okay i want to make this clear.

my problem is, from Player Vs. Monster CRIT DISPLAY, maybe some of you guys think that my prob was CRIT DISPLAY from monster to player.

okay guys in my server, players cannot see critical damage display on red attack on any monster, although the critical is working but all in white number damage, like a normal attack.

It must be like this on image right? players do crit display on monster, but in my revision the crit display don't show when attacking some monsters, it should show like this on the image.

critical.jpg

but when Player Vs. Player the CRIT DISPLAY show up with no problem.

My settings in conf battle.conf was on default

// Who can have critical attacks? (Note 3)// (Note that there are some skills that always do critical hit regardless of this)enable_critical: 17// Critical adjustment rate for non-players (Note 2)mob_critical_rate: 100critical_rate: 100
Edited by keough

ok then ... have you tried with different hexed client ?

maybe you can try make your own, or download from ... ossi

http://herc.ws/board/topic/10668-release-2014-01-15-ragexe-full-client/

I am using this one, and has no problem

I certainly think this is not server side issue, but client side

@@AnnieRuru

I am using 2013-08-07 and then i try to test it. OLD revision from june 2015 that has no CRIT display on PVM, and then i download a new revision just this november 11, 2015 and then boom! crit display from PVM it shows up on the same client. 

so do you think this is on a client side? because i tested the two revision on the same client.. and then the new revision shows the crit display on PVM

kinda ... both

maybe our developer use wrong packet ...

or maybe newer client use different packet for display monster critical <-- huh ? how can this be ? I never see this coming

however since this is about old and new client issue, then stick to newer client

hopefully your PACKEVER is correct

Edited by AnnieRuru

kinda ... bothmaybe our developer use wrong packet ...or maybe newer client use different packet for display monster critical <-- huh ? how can this be ? I never see this cominghowever since this is about old and new client issue, then stick to newer clienthopefully your PACKEVER is correct

Well i guess its on the server side.. And also my PACKEVER is correct. I am using 2013-08-07 on the same server new and old. But the old one only show crit on player vs player.

Is there anything to modify or need to correct in src?

Mostly it's a client glitch, check the damages, if its nearby, then you shouldn't worry about, it might be old client bug

I am using 2013-08-07 and then i try to test it. OLD revision from june 2015 that has no CRIT display on PVM, and then i download a new revision just this november 11, 2015 and then boom! crit display from PVM it shows up on the same client.

why not just use latest revision? any problem on updating revision?

agree with Samuel said

we should always use the update server revision as we keep adding stuffs and fixing bugs

just stick to update server revision

EDIT: many member still doesn't want to use the latest one probably because they hate the new mob_db.conf format

too many custom mobs need to convert =/

Edited by AnnieRuru

EDIT: many member still doesn't want to use the latest one probably because they hate the new mob_db.conf format

i know haru provided a converter along with the said update :-)

no, I mean some server use the SQL table, and haru doesn't provide converter for SQL onehttp://herc.ws/board/topic/10913-mob-db-file-structure-overhaul/?p=65080that member store all custom mobs in his `mob_db2` table

Wait what, member still uses mob_db from sql? It was deprecated from many months and was removed along with mob_db update

Wait what, member still uses mob_db from sql? It was deprecated from many months and was removed along with mob_db update

exactly

otherwise why you think members say my plugin is bug because I used "common/memmgr.h"

but they have to change to "common/malloc.h"

how long do you think this have been changed ?

memmgr changes are not even 1 month old, while SQL db were deprecated from many months(6-9 months)

yes that's the problem, but i will try to convert all.. and my all NPC's are in classic too.. 

I have the same issue as this guy. Unfortunately, I cannot update to the latest revision. Critical animation does not show up but critical damage is increased. I'm on pre-renewal. 2013-08-07 client. I tried changing clients to 2015, 2012, and 2014. All have the same issue, so it has to be from my source. Packet version is correct. Critical animation display shows up on traps and players but not on monsters. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I read someone mention clif.c and mob.c but what exactly has to do with critical animation in those files?