Lavenblade

Hello, everyone!

Hey, guys!

It's about time I introduce myself to this community, as I'm currently looking to participate here in discussions now and then.

A little about myself, I'm 23 years old and of course an RO Veteran. I've never played iRO, and only played 2 or 3 servers since my time first playing in 2008.

I've had a passion for programming for as long as I can remember, and started learning and teaching myself back when I was 14 or so; 2007 I believe?

While not as talented as many of the core developers here, I'm more of a jack-of-all trades developer. I'm more of a .NET (C#) kind of guy, never got into C or C++.

I'm horrid at front end web dev, JavaScript in particular. I'm more of a server side web dev, PHP, SQL, etc. Never used NodeJS.

Anyways, I have a passion for Ragnarok Online and that's why I'm here. I do have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer.

Hercules Emulator is written in C, am I correct?

Is there a way of telling which commit to Hercules puts it at a close to stable state? I'd like to make merges to my git repo once everything seems to be close to stable, that way I don't end up with new bugs and things breaking, forcing me to merge more frequently.

I'm not used to Git either, so this will be fun. I'm used to using SVN.

Edited by Lavenblade

Welcome to our community @@Lavenblade. I'm pretty positive the emulator is written in C, don't quote me on that, I just learn and script with the scripting engine Hercules provides. Also I am in my belief that the most RECENT up to date Hercules is always the most stable, as you can see when a pull request is made, a status is labeled to it like "in progress" or "over review" once the pull request is made, we push that pull request into a commit and add it as an official entry into the Hercules emulator. Usually meaning, we reviewed the code, tested it, confirmed, and made sure it was fine.

Never use an old revision that may have been "stable" at that time, but then new error(s) or bug(s) came to be, which gets fixed in every new revision of Hercules gets made.

If you ever have further questions, don't hesitate to PM me on here or add me on Skype.

Skype ID: itzmichaelmorici

Have a good day and once again welcome to Hercules!

Regards,
Aeromesi

Emulator is written in c.

Scripts are written in custom language(pretty easy to understand)

Always try to be use latest revision of git(and I suggest you to migrate to git from.svn), eA used to have concept of trunk and stable, but for us, latest version is always stable.

Thank you both very much for your replies!

Hello and welcome to Hercules! I hope you get to learn lots about working with our source code :P